Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Momen Soliman: Players gave 120% against Wydad
Zamalek defeated Wydad 4-0 in the first leg of CAF Champions league semi-finals, moving a step closer to securing a spot in the final.
Following the win, Momen stated that the players offered 120% effort, dedication and respect towards the opponent.
“The players offered 120% effort. We respected the opponent and studied them well. We also watched their matches especially those against Al Ahly,” he said.
Soliman expressed that the players played a strong physical game and coped well with Wydad’s crossed balls.
“The players had a strong physical game since the first minute, and the coped well with Wydad’s crosses which are considered their main threat,” he continued.
He also made it clear that the Whites didn’t qualify yet
“We learned from last season’s mistake when we lost with a five goals margin against Etoile du sahel, therefore we didn’t qualify yet as nothing is impossible in football,” he added.
Soliman concluded his remarks by greeting the team’s right back Ramzy Khaled, who played on the left flank against Wydad .
“I wanna send my greetings to Ramzy who played on the left flank tonight and had a strong defensive game,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek is set to face Wydad in Casablanca on the the 24th of September in the semi-final’s second leg.