Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Momen Soliman: Players gave 120% against Wydad
Zamalek defeated Wydad 4-0 in the first leg of CAF Champions league semi-finals, moving a step closer to securing a spot in the final.
Following the win, Momen stated that the players offered 120% effort, dedication and respect towards the opponent.
“The players offered 120% effort. We respected the opponent and studied them well. We also watched their matches especially those against Al Ahly,” he said.
Soliman expressed that the players played a strong physical game and coped well with Wydad’s crossed balls.
“The players had a strong physical game since the first minute, and the coped well with Wydad’s crosses which are considered their main threat,” he continued.
He also made it clear that the Whites didn’t qualify yet
“We learned from last season’s mistake when we lost with a five goals margin against Etoile du sahel, therefore we didn’t qualify yet as nothing is impossible in football,” he added.
Soliman concluded his remarks by greeting the team’s right back Ramzy Khaled, who played on the left flank against Wydad .
“I wanna send my greetings to Ramzy who played on the left flank tonight and had a strong defensive game,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek is set to face Wydad in Casablanca on the the 24th of September in the semi-final’s second leg.