The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Momen Soliman: Players gave 120% against Wydad
Zamalek manager Momen soliman was full of praise toward his players following the team’s astonishing performance against Wydad Casablanca in the CAF Champions League Semi-finals.
Zamalek defeated Wydad 4-0 in the first leg of CAF Champions league semi-finals, moving a step closer to securing a spot in the final.
Following the win, Momen stated that the players offered 120% effort, dedication and respect towards the opponent.
“The players offered 120% effort. We respected the opponent and studied them well. We also watched their matches especially those against Al Ahly,” he said.
Soliman expressed that the players played a strong physical game and coped well with Wydad’s crossed balls.
“The players had a strong physical game since the first minute, and the coped well with Wydad’s crosses which are considered their main threat,” he continued.
He also made it clear that the Whites didn’t qualify yet
“We learned from last season’s mistake when we lost with a five goals margin against Etoile du sahel, therefore we didn’t qualify yet as nothing is impossible in football,” he added.
Soliman concluded his remarks by greeting the team’s right back Ramzy Khaled, who played on the left flank against Wydad .
“I wanna send my greetings to Ramzy who played on the left flank tonight and had a strong defensive game,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek is set to face Wydad in Casablanca on the the 24th of September in the semi-final’s second leg.