Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Momen Soliman: Players gave 120% against Wydad
Zamalek defeated Wydad 4-0 in the first leg of CAF Champions league semi-finals, moving a step closer to securing a spot in the final.
Following the win, Momen stated that the players offered 120% effort, dedication and respect towards the opponent.
“The players offered 120% effort. We respected the opponent and studied them well. We also watched their matches especially those against Al Ahly,” he said.
Soliman expressed that the players played a strong physical game and coped well with Wydad’s crossed balls.
“The players had a strong physical game since the first minute, and the coped well with Wydad’s crosses which are considered their main threat,” he continued.
He also made it clear that the Whites didn’t qualify yet
“We learned from last season’s mistake when we lost with a five goals margin against Etoile du sahel, therefore we didn’t qualify yet as nothing is impossible in football,” he added.
Soliman concluded his remarks by greeting the team’s right back Ramzy Khaled, who played on the left flank against Wydad .
“I wanna send my greetings to Ramzy who played on the left flank tonight and had a strong defensive game,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Zamalek is set to face Wydad in Casablanca on the the 24th of September in the semi-final’s second leg.