Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Wydad sack John Toschak after humiliating Zamalek loss
Wydad Casablanca suffered a heavy 4-0 loss against Egypt Giant Zamalek in the first leg of the CAF Champions League in Alexandria.
As a result Wydad’s board has announced the sacking of the former Wales boss John Toschak and the Goalkeeping coach Younes Kotaya in an official statement on the club’s website.
The statement said that Toschak’s contract has been terminated with immediate effect.
The 67-year-old manager who took charge in June 2014, has managed to win the Moroccan league title in his first season at the club, he also led Wydad to finish second in his second season as their manager securing a CAF Champions League spot.