Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Egypt drawn with hosts in 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations
Egypt have been drawn alongside hosts Cameroon as well as South Africa and Zimbabwe in Group A of the 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations.
The group stage draw was held on Sunday afternoon in Yaounde, Cameroon, as the country prepares to host the tournament between the 8th and 22nd of October.
The Pharoahs join three-time finalists Cameroon in Group A, along with South Africa and Zimbabwe, who both participated in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Group B, meanwhile, contains nine-time – and reigning – champions Nigeria, as well as 2002 and 2006 finalists Ghana, and Kenya.
Egypt’s participation in the tournament is just the second in its entire history, after exiting at the group stage 18 years ago.