Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Egypt drawn with hosts in 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations
Egypt have been drawn alongside hosts Cameroon as well as South Africa and Zimbabwe in Group A of the 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations.
The group stage draw was held on Sunday afternoon in Yaounde, Cameroon, as the country prepares to host the tournament between the 8th and 22nd of October.
The Pharoahs join three-time finalists Cameroon in Group A, along with South Africa and Zimbabwe, who both participated in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Group B, meanwhile, contains nine-time – and reigning – champions Nigeria, as well as 2002 and 2006 finalists Ghana, and Kenya.
Egypt’s participation in the tournament is just the second in its entire history, after exiting at the group stage 18 years ago.