Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Egypt drawn with hosts in 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations
Egypt have been drawn alongside hosts Cameroon as well as South Africa and Zimbabwe in Group A of the 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations.
The group stage draw was held on Sunday afternoon in Yaounde, Cameroon, as the country prepares to host the tournament between the 8th and 22nd of October.
The Pharoahs join three-time finalists Cameroon in Group A, along with South Africa and Zimbabwe, who both participated in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Group B, meanwhile, contains nine-time – and reigning – champions Nigeria, as well as 2002 and 2006 finalists Ghana, and Kenya.
Egypt’s participation in the tournament is just the second in its entire history, after exiting at the group stage 18 years ago.