Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Egypt’s sitting volleyball team beat Brazil to win bronze at Rio Paralympics
Egypt’s sitting volleyball team defeated hosts Brazil 3-2 to win bronze at the Rio 2016 Paralympics on Sunday.
The Pharaohs had lost 3-0 against Bosnia and Herzegovina in the semi-final before beating Brazil to win the bronze medal. Bosnia and Herzegovina will face Iran later on Sunday in the final.
The first set of the game against Brazil ended in 29 minutes with a 28-26 score in favour of Egypt. The hosts tied the scoreline with a 31-29 win in the second set, which lasted for 37 minutes. Brazil then took the lead with a 25-19 win in the third set, before Egypt won the fourth set 25-22 to make it 2-2.
The match went into a deciding fifth set where the Egyptians emerged victors after edging Brazil 15-13.
This marks Egypt’s second victory over Brazil in the sitting volleyball event at Rio, as the Pharaohs defeated the hosts 3-2 in the preliminary stage. Egypt also beat the United States and Germany earlier in the tournament.
Egypt increased its medal tally at the last day of the Rio Paralympic Games to 12 medals; including three gold, five silver, four bronze.