Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Egypt lose to Thailand in Futsal World Cup
The Egypt National Team lost their second match in the tournament against Thailand 2-1 on Friday in Coliseo Ivan de Bedout Medellin stadium.
Thailand entered the match looking to win the second match, in order for them to reach the second place in Group B after they won their match against Cuba 8-5. Egypt was also looking to win to reach the second place after the big loss against Russia 6-1 .
Thailand opened the scoring in the 5th minute after a mistake from Ibrahim Eika and the first half ended 1-0 to Thailand. The Egyptians led in shots on target 2-0, but then Jirawat Sornwichian scored the second goal in the second half after a low shot was too hard for Gamal Abdelnaser to stop.
The Egyptians tried to comeback, succeeding with scoring a goal through Abdelrahman El-Ashwal in 22nd minute and tension started to increase as the Egyptians struck the post in the final minutes of the matches.
Able to hold off Egypt, Thailand has now gone through after reaching second place and Egypt has to wait to see if the three points are enough for them to qualify after defeating Cuba by a margin of 7-1.