Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Egypt lose to Thailand in Futsal World Cup
The Egypt National Team lost their second match in the tournament against Thailand 2-1 on Friday in Coliseo Ivan de Bedout Medellin stadium.
Thailand entered the match looking to win the second match, in order for them to reach the second place in Group B after they won their match against Cuba 8-5. Egypt was also looking to win to reach the second place after the big loss against Russia 6-1 .
Thailand opened the scoring in the 5th minute after a mistake from Ibrahim Eika and the first half ended 1-0 to Thailand. The Egyptians led in shots on target 2-0, but then Jirawat Sornwichian scored the second goal in the second half after a low shot was too hard for Gamal Abdelnaser to stop.
The Egyptians tried to comeback, succeeding with scoring a goal through Abdelrahman El-Ashwal in 22nd minute and tension started to increase as the Egyptians struck the post in the final minutes of the matches.
Able to hold off Egypt, Thailand has now gone through after reaching second place and Egypt has to wait to see if the three points are enough for them to qualify after defeating Cuba by a margin of 7-1.