Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Egypt lose to Thailand in Futsal World Cup
The Egypt National Team lost their second match in the tournament against Thailand 2-1 on Friday in Coliseo Ivan de Bedout Medellin stadium.
Thailand entered the match looking to win the second match, in order for them to reach the second place in Group B after they won their match against Cuba 8-5. Egypt was also looking to win to reach the second place after the big loss against Russia 6-1 .
Thailand opened the scoring in the 5th minute after a mistake from Ibrahim Eika and the first half ended 1-0 to Thailand. The Egyptians led in shots on target 2-0, but then Jirawat Sornwichian scored the second goal in the second half after a low shot was too hard for Gamal Abdelnaser to stop.
The Egyptians tried to comeback, succeeding with scoring a goal through Abdelrahman El-Ashwal in 22nd minute and tension started to increase as the Egyptians struck the post in the final minutes of the matches.
Able to hold off Egypt, Thailand has now gone through after reaching second place and Egypt has to wait to see if the three points are enough for them to qualify after defeating Cuba by a margin of 7-1.