Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Egypt lose to Thailand in Futsal World Cup
The Egypt National Team lost their second match in the tournament against Thailand 2-1 on Friday in Coliseo Ivan de Bedout Medellin stadium.
Thailand entered the match looking to win the second match, in order for them to reach the second place in Group B after they won their match against Cuba 8-5. Egypt was also looking to win to reach the second place after the big loss against Russia 6-1 .
Thailand opened the scoring in the 5th minute after a mistake from Ibrahim Eika and the first half ended 1-0 to Thailand. The Egyptians led in shots on target 2-0, but then Jirawat Sornwichian scored the second goal in the second half after a low shot was too hard for Gamal Abdelnaser to stop.
The Egyptians tried to comeback, succeeding with scoring a goal through Abdelrahman El-Ashwal in 22nd minute and tension started to increase as the Egyptians struck the post in the final minutes of the matches.
Able to hold off Egypt, Thailand has now gone through after reaching second place and Egypt has to wait to see if the three points are enough for them to qualify after defeating Cuba by a margin of 7-1.