Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Futsal: Egypt qualifies to World Cup round of 16
The Egypt national team managed to qualify to the Futsal World Cup round of 16 with three points from three matches.
Egypt remained in the third place of the group after losing to Thailand 2-1 on Friday during the third round of the World Cup. This left The Pharaohs with three points, nine goals scored and nine goals received.
All first and second teams on top of the six groups qualify automatically to the quarter finals, in addition to four teams from third place. Egypt was one of the best third placed teams and was able to qualify.
“We qualified as one of four best third placed teams even though we only had three points from three games,” said Nader Rashad, Egypt’s general manager.
Egypt futsal team will be facing either Brazil or Italy on Wednesday or Thursday for the next round.