Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Futsal: Egypt qualifies to World Cup round of 16
Egypt remained in the third place of the group after losing to Thailand 2-1 on Friday during the third round of the World Cup. This left The Pharaohs with three points, nine goals scored and nine goals received.
All first and second teams on top of the six groups qualify automatically to the quarter finals, in addition to four teams from third place. Egypt was one of the best third placed teams and was able to qualify.
“We qualified as one of four best third placed teams even though we only had three points from three games,” said Nader Rashad, Egypt’s general manager.
Egypt futsal team will be facing either Brazil or Italy on Wednesday or Thursday for the next round.