Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Futsal: Egypt qualifies to World Cup round of 16
The Egypt national team managed to qualify to the Futsal World Cup round of 16 with three points from three matches.
Egypt remained in the third place of the group after losing to Thailand 2-1 on Friday during the third round of the World Cup. This left The Pharaohs with three points, nine goals scored and nine goals received.
All first and second teams on top of the six groups qualify automatically to the quarter finals, in addition to four teams from third place. Egypt was one of the best third placed teams and was able to qualify.
“We qualified as one of four best third placed teams even though we only had three points from three games,” said Nader Rashad, Egypt’s general manager.
Egypt futsal team will be facing either Brazil or Italy on Wednesday or Thursday for the next round.