Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Spalletti praises ‘instinctive’ Salah ahead of Fiorentina clash
AS Roma coach Luciano Spalletti described Mohamed Salah as a “reliable” player ahead of the Giallorossi’s away clash against Fiorentina in gameweek four of the Serie A.
Spalletti is optimistic about Salah’s performance against his old club on Sunday, saying that although the Egypt international winger liked Florence, he wants to perform well for Roma. The last encounter between the teams ended with a thrashing 4-1 victory to Roma, in which Salah scored a brace.
“I have no doubt that he’ll prove his quality on the pitch. He’s a really unpredictable player who runs at the defence with the ball between his feet – he can get out of sticky situations single-handedly when you’re expecting him to lose it,” Spalletti said during the pre-Fiorentina game press conference.
The AS Roma manager believes that Salah is one of the players who should not be burdened with so many instructions because that can “risk clipping his wings”.
“Then you have a guy like [Juan Manuel] Iturbe, for example, who needs more direction in terms of what he needs to be doing. Salah has more instinct, more talent, so he needs to be left alone a bit more. When you look for him with his back to an opponent, he usually manages to get free using his movement, but even he can still improve with the ball. He’s a reliable player,” he added.
Roma occupies fourth spot on the 2016-17 Italian Serie A table on seven points, three points adrift leaders Napoli. Having shared spoils with Greek’s PAOK in their midweek UEFA Europa League tie, Fiorentina will be eyeing to return to winning ways.