Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Spalletti praises ‘instinctive’ Salah ahead of Fiorentina clash
AS Roma coach Luciano Spalletti described Mohamed Salah as a “reliable” player ahead of the Giallorossi’s away clash against Fiorentina in gameweek four of the Serie A.
Spalletti is optimistic about Salah’s performance against his old club on Sunday, saying that although the Egypt international winger liked Florence, he wants to perform well for Roma. The last encounter between the teams ended with a thrashing 4-1 victory to Roma, in which Salah scored a brace.
“I have no doubt that he’ll prove his quality on the pitch. He’s a really unpredictable player who runs at the defence with the ball between his feet – he can get out of sticky situations single-handedly when you’re expecting him to lose it,” Spalletti said during the pre-Fiorentina game press conference.
The AS Roma manager believes that Salah is one of the players who should not be burdened with so many instructions because that can “risk clipping his wings”.
“Then you have a guy like [Juan Manuel] Iturbe, for example, who needs more direction in terms of what he needs to be doing. Salah has more instinct, more talent, so he needs to be left alone a bit more. When you look for him with his back to an opponent, he usually manages to get free using his movement, but even he can still improve with the ball. He’s a reliable player,” he added.
Roma occupies fourth spot on the 2016-17 Italian Serie A table on seven points, three points adrift leaders Napoli. Having shared spoils with Greek’s PAOK in their midweek UEFA Europa League tie, Fiorentina will be eyeing to return to winning ways.