Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Spalletti praises ‘instinctive’ Salah ahead of Fiorentina clash
AS Roma coach Luciano Spalletti described Mohamed Salah as a “reliable” player ahead of the Giallorossi’s away clash against Fiorentina in gameweek four of the Serie A.
Spalletti is optimistic about Salah’s performance against his old club on Sunday, saying that although the Egypt international winger liked Florence, he wants to perform well for Roma. The last encounter between the teams ended with a thrashing 4-1 victory to Roma, in which Salah scored a brace.
“I have no doubt that he’ll prove his quality on the pitch. He’s a really unpredictable player who runs at the defence with the ball between his feet – he can get out of sticky situations single-handedly when you’re expecting him to lose it,” Spalletti said during the pre-Fiorentina game press conference.
The AS Roma manager believes that Salah is one of the players who should not be burdened with so many instructions because that can “risk clipping his wings”.
“Then you have a guy like [Juan Manuel] Iturbe, for example, who needs more direction in terms of what he needs to be doing. Salah has more instinct, more talent, so he needs to be left alone a bit more. When you look for him with his back to an opponent, he usually manages to get free using his movement, but even he can still improve with the ball. He’s a reliable player,” he added.
Roma occupies fourth spot on the 2016-17 Italian Serie A table on seven points, three points adrift leaders Napoli. Having shared spoils with Greek’s PAOK in their midweek UEFA Europa League tie, Fiorentina will be eyeing to return to winning ways.