Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
VIDEO: Trezeguet scores as Mouscron secure away win over Westerlo
Mahmoud Trezeguet scored the second goal of the match as his side Royal Excel Mouscron defeated fellow strugglers Westerlo in gameweek 7 of the Belgian Pro League.
Westerlo XI: Van Langendonck; Miletic; Heylen; Molenberghs; Apau; Buyens; Hyland; Christensen; Henkens; Manias; Acolatse.
Mouscron XI: Delac; Hubert; Markovic; Ferber; Trezeguet; Viola; Stojanovic; Tirpan; Huyghebaert; Peyre; Simic.
After Westerlo created the early chances, it was the away side who opened the scoring in the 13th minute against the run of play through Luka Stojanovic, who is on loan from Apollon Limassol.
Nine minutes later, Michalis Manias would equalise after heading in a fine team move.
However, they wouldn’t remain level for long as Egypt international Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ made it 2-1 in the 27th minute, sending out a message to his parent club Anderlecht.
Six minutes into the second half, Westerlo were reduced to 10 men as Robin Henkens was sent off after receiving a second yellow card.
In the second half, Mouscron would put the result beyond any doubt as Stefan Simic headed the ball into the net to make it 3-1.
Although Westerlo pushed for a goal towards the end of the game, they were unable to close the two-goal deficit and the game finished 3-1 to the away side.
The result marked Mouscron’s second win of the season, and pushed them up to 14th place on 6 points. Westerlo are still awaiting their first win of the season, with one point after seven games.