Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
VIDEO: Trezeguet scores as Mouscron secure away win over Westerlo
Mahmoud Trezeguet scored the second goal of the match as his side Royal Excel Mouscron defeated fellow strugglers Westerlo in gameweek 7 of the Belgian Pro League.
Westerlo XI: Van Langendonck; Miletic; Heylen; Molenberghs; Apau; Buyens; Hyland; Christensen; Henkens; Manias; Acolatse.
Mouscron XI: Delac; Hubert; Markovic; Ferber; Trezeguet; Viola; Stojanovic; Tirpan; Huyghebaert; Peyre; Simic.
After Westerlo created the early chances, it was the away side who opened the scoring in the 13th minute against the run of play through Luka Stojanovic, who is on loan from Apollon Limassol.
Nine minutes later, Michalis Manias would equalise after heading in a fine team move.
However, they wouldn’t remain level for long as Egypt international Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ made it 2-1 in the 27th minute, sending out a message to his parent club Anderlecht.
Six minutes into the second half, Westerlo were reduced to 10 men as Robin Henkens was sent off after receiving a second yellow card.
In the second half, Mouscron would put the result beyond any doubt as Stefan Simic headed the ball into the net to make it 3-1.
Although Westerlo pushed for a goal towards the end of the game, they were unable to close the two-goal deficit and the game finished 3-1 to the away side.
The result marked Mouscron’s second win of the season, and pushed them up to 14th place on 6 points. Westerlo are still awaiting their first win of the season, with one point after seven games.