Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Badelj’s late strike downs Mohamed Salah’s Roma
Milan Badelji’s late strike in the 83rd saw off Mohamed Salah’s Roma as the Egyptian international played 68 minutes of the match, struggling to breakthrough Fiorentina’s defences.
The first real chance of the game came at the 15th minute when Florenzi’s cross found Dzeko’s header but it only went wide.
Just after the half hour mark, a sublime chipped through ball found Dzeko once again, who went one on one with Fiorentina’s Ciprian Tătărușanu but his heavy touch let him down and his late effort went too high and off target.
Before the half-time whistle, Mohamed Salah had his first attempt at Fiorentina’s Ciprian Tătărușanu with an effort from outside the box that went too high and off target.
After a strong first half from Roma, Fiorentina’s response came at the 48th minute when Astori’s shot at the far post forced an incredible save from Wojciech Szczęsny.
La Viola kept applying more and more pressure bringing on reinforcements in Federico Bernardeschi, Sebastian Cristoforo and Senegal international Khouma Babacar.
At the 81st minute against the run of play, a through ball found Radja Nainggolan who tried to poke the ball from a tight angle and hit the post instead.
Not long after Roma’s best chance of the game, a lay-off from Tomovic found Milan Badelj’s right foot who struck the ball with venom from outside the box that hit the post and went in.
Roma now sit 4th with only 7 points from 4 matches. They travel back home as they prepare to face Crotone on Wednesday.