Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
REPORT: Kahraba returns to Egypt national team squad
The called-up first team players will travel to Egypt to begin the national team camp in early October, in preparation for the first round of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifiers. The team will face Congo on the 9th of October in Brazzaville.
According to Yallakora, Kahraba gets his first national team call-up since late last year, primarily due to a dip in form with Zamalek, but his move to Saudi Arabian giants Ittihad Jeddah seems to have put him back on track.
Despite getting his first call-up to the national team and debuting for the Pharaohs earlier this month, Barnsley’s new signing Sam Morsy was not included in the squad that will face Congo.
In addition to Kahraba, the squad features: Ahmed Elmohammady (Hull City), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City), Ahmed Hassan Koka (SC Braga), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (Royal Excel Mouscron), Omar Gaber (FC Basel), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Ahli Jeddah), and Mohamed Salah (AS Roma).
RC Lens full-back Karim Hafez and Panetolikos attacking midfielder Amr Warda are Pharaohs abroad who didn’t receive a call-up to the upcoming national team camp.