Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
REPORT: Kahraba returns to Egypt national team squad
The called-up first team players will travel to Egypt to begin the national team camp in early October, in preparation for the first round of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifiers. The team will face Congo on the 9th of October in Brazzaville.
According to Yallakora, Kahraba gets his first national team call-up since late last year, primarily due to a dip in form with Zamalek, but his move to Saudi Arabian giants Ittihad Jeddah seems to have put him back on track.
Despite getting his first call-up to the national team and debuting for the Pharaohs earlier this month, Barnsley’s new signing Sam Morsy was not included in the squad that will face Congo.
In addition to Kahraba, the squad features: Ahmed Elmohammady (Hull City), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City), Ahmed Hassan Koka (SC Braga), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ (Royal Excel Mouscron), Omar Gaber (FC Basel), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Ahli Jeddah), and Mohamed Salah (AS Roma).
RC Lens full-back Karim Hafez and Panetolikos attacking midfielder Amr Warda are Pharaohs abroad who didn’t receive a call-up to the upcoming national team camp.