Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Mido: Raiola was banned from entering Roma because of me
Former football player and current technical adviser for Lierse S.K., Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ talked about his former agent Mino Raiola.
The famous Italian-born Dutch football agent was Mido’s agent during the striker’s long period playing abroad in which he joined a number of European football clubs.
Ex-Zamalek player revealed that Raiola was banned from entering AS Roma for eight years because he got into trouble with the club’s administration, as he defended ‘Mido’ on different occasions. “Raiola clashed a lot with football clubs defending his players,” Mido said to beIN sports.
“He is one of those agents who is always seeking the best for players he is representing before anything else,” he added.
‘Mido’ joined AS Roma in the summer of 2004 coming from Marseille, however, he did not participate a lot with the team and later moved to the English Premier League joining Tottenham Hotspurs. “Riaola had fights with the Roma’s administration and coaches until I left the team.”
It is worth mentioning that Raiola represented well-know football stars like Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli.