South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Mido: Raiola was banned from entering Roma because of me
Former football player and current technical adviser for Lierse S.K., Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ talked about his former agent Mino Raiola.
The famous Italian-born Dutch football agent was Mido’s agent during the striker’s long period playing abroad in which he joined a number of European football clubs.
Ex-Zamalek player revealed that Raiola was banned from entering AS Roma for eight years because he got into trouble with the club’s administration, as he defended ‘Mido’ on different occasions. “Raiola clashed a lot with football clubs defending his players,” Mido said to beIN sports.
“He is one of those agents who is always seeking the best for players he is representing before anything else,” he added.
‘Mido’ joined AS Roma in the summer of 2004 coming from Marseille, however, he did not participate a lot with the team and later moved to the English Premier League joining Tottenham Hotspurs. “Riaola had fights with the Roma’s administration and coaches until I left the team.”
It is worth mentioning that Raiola represented well-know football stars like Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli.