Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Spalletti disappointed with Salah’s performance against Fiorentina
The Giallorossi had the chance to climb the top of the Serie A table but Milan Badelj scored a late strike as Spalletti’s men suffered their first league loss this season.
The 57-year-old manager, who described Salah as a reliable and instinctive player ahead of the Fiorentina clash, believes that the Egyptian winger could have shown more than he did during the game, admitting that his side need to improve their attacking abilities.
“We don’t have to make huge improvements, but I do expect a player like Salah to beat his man a few times, then when you get the ball in the area, you do have to score sometimes,” Spalletti told Sky Sports.
Despite the defeat, the Italian manager said he was content with his team’s performance on Sunday, believing that they didn’t get what they deserved at the end. He added that his side needs to be “more clinical” when they are in control of the game.
“This defeat hurts because we deserved more than we got. Things didn’t go our way today. We have to accept the result but be satisfied with our performance. My players did their duty,” Spalletti told AS Roma website.