Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Spalletti disappointed with Salah’s performance against Fiorentina
The Giallorossi had the chance to climb the top of the Serie A table but Milan Badelj scored a late strike as Spalletti’s men suffered their first league loss this season.
The 57-year-old manager, who described Salah as a reliable and instinctive player ahead of the Fiorentina clash, believes that the Egyptian winger could have shown more than he did during the game, admitting that his side need to improve their attacking abilities.
“We don’t have to make huge improvements, but I do expect a player like Salah to beat his man a few times, then when you get the ball in the area, you do have to score sometimes,” Spalletti told Sky Sports.
Despite the defeat, the Italian manager said he was content with his team’s performance on Sunday, believing that they didn’t get what they deserved at the end. He added that his side needs to be “more clinical” when they are in control of the game.
“This defeat hurts because we deserved more than we got. Things didn’t go our way today. We have to accept the result but be satisfied with our performance. My players did their duty,” Spalletti told AS Roma website.