Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Elneny features as Arsenal cruise past Nottingham Forest in EFL cup
Mohamed Elneny featured in Arsenal’s 4-0 win against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, as Arsenal proceeded to the EFL Cup fourth round.
Arsenal’s XI: Martinez; Gibbs, Gabriel, Holding, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide; Apkom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lucas Pérez
Nottingham Forest’s XI: Stojkovic, Pereira, Mancienne, Mills, Lichaj; Dumitru, Cohen, Lansbury, Kasami, Osborn; Bendtner
Elneny, who was included in the starting line-up, managed along with Granit Xhaka to provide Arsenal with the stability and possession needed in the midfield area.
Dominating the possession, Arsenal managed to open the scoring in the 23rd minute after Granit Xhaka sent a strike from around 35 yards into the top corner.As the second half started, Arsenal maintained their dominance, keeping Nottingham Forest inside their own half of the field. At the one-hour mark, Lucas Perez scored his first goal for Arsenal through a penalty kick that was awarded after Chuba Akpom was fouled.
Eleven minutes later, Lucas Perez completed his brace, as he scored his side’s third goal in the 71st minute on individual effort.
During the injury time, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored Arsenal’s fourth goal after an assist from Lucas Perez, to make it 4-0 for Arsenal.