Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Elneny features as Arsenal cruise past Nottingham Forest in EFL cup
Mohamed Elneny featured in Arsenal’s 4-0 win against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, as Arsenal proceeded to the EFL Cup fourth round.
Arsenal’s XI: Martinez; Gibbs, Gabriel, Holding, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide; Apkom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lucas Pérez
Nottingham Forest’s XI: Stojkovic, Pereira, Mancienne, Mills, Lichaj; Dumitru, Cohen, Lansbury, Kasami, Osborn; Bendtner
Elneny, who was included in the starting line-up, managed along with Granit Xhaka to provide Arsenal with the stability and possession needed in the midfield area.
Dominating the possession, Arsenal managed to open the scoring in the 23rd minute after Granit Xhaka sent a strike from around 35 yards into the top corner.As the second half started, Arsenal maintained their dominance, keeping Nottingham Forest inside their own half of the field. At the one-hour mark, Lucas Perez scored his first goal for Arsenal through a penalty kick that was awarded after Chuba Akpom was fouled.
Eleven minutes later, Lucas Perez completed his brace, as he scored his side’s third goal in the 71st minute on individual effort.
During the injury time, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored Arsenal’s fourth goal after an assist from Lucas Perez, to make it 4-0 for Arsenal.