Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Elneny features as Arsenal cruise past Nottingham Forest in EFL cup
Mohamed Elneny featured in Arsenal’s 4-0 win against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, as Arsenal proceeded to the EFL Cup fourth round.
Arsenal’s XI: Martinez; Gibbs, Gabriel, Holding, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide; Apkom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lucas Pérez
Nottingham Forest’s XI: Stojkovic, Pereira, Mancienne, Mills, Lichaj; Dumitru, Cohen, Lansbury, Kasami, Osborn; Bendtner
Elneny, who was included in the starting line-up, managed along with Granit Xhaka to provide Arsenal with the stability and possession needed in the midfield area.
Dominating the possession, Arsenal managed to open the scoring in the 23rd minute after Granit Xhaka sent a strike from around 35 yards into the top corner.As the second half started, Arsenal maintained their dominance, keeping Nottingham Forest inside their own half of the field. At the one-hour mark, Lucas Perez scored his first goal for Arsenal through a penalty kick that was awarded after Chuba Akpom was fouled.
Eleven minutes later, Lucas Perez completed his brace, as he scored his side’s third goal in the 71st minute on individual effort.
During the injury time, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored Arsenal’s fourth goal after an assist from Lucas Perez, to make it 4-0 for Arsenal.