Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Elneny features as Arsenal cruise past Nottingham Forest in EFL cup
Mohamed Elneny featured in Arsenal’s 4-0 win against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, as Arsenal proceeded to the EFL Cup fourth round.
Arsenal’s XI: Martinez; Gibbs, Gabriel, Holding, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide; Apkom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lucas Pérez
Nottingham Forest’s XI: Stojkovic, Pereira, Mancienne, Mills, Lichaj; Dumitru, Cohen, Lansbury, Kasami, Osborn; Bendtner
Elneny, who was included in the starting line-up, managed along with Granit Xhaka to provide Arsenal with the stability and possession needed in the midfield area.
Dominating the possession, Arsenal managed to open the scoring in the 23rd minute after Granit Xhaka sent a strike from around 35 yards into the top corner.As the second half started, Arsenal maintained their dominance, keeping Nottingham Forest inside their own half of the field. At the one-hour mark, Lucas Perez scored his first goal for Arsenal through a penalty kick that was awarded after Chuba Akpom was fouled.
Eleven minutes later, Lucas Perez completed his brace, as he scored his side’s third goal in the 71st minute on individual effort.
During the injury time, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored Arsenal’s fourth goal after an assist from Lucas Perez, to make it 4-0 for Arsenal.