Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Elneny features as Arsenal cruise past Nottingham Forest in EFL cup
Mohamed Elneny featured in Arsenal’s 4-0 win against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, as Arsenal proceeded to the EFL Cup fourth round.
Arsenal’s XI: Martinez; Gibbs, Gabriel, Holding, Maitland-Niles; Xhaka, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide; Apkom, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lucas Pérez
Nottingham Forest’s XI: Stojkovic, Pereira, Mancienne, Mills, Lichaj; Dumitru, Cohen, Lansbury, Kasami, Osborn; Bendtner
Elneny, who was included in the starting line-up, managed along with Granit Xhaka to provide Arsenal with the stability and possession needed in the midfield area.
Dominating the possession, Arsenal managed to open the scoring in the 23rd minute after Granit Xhaka sent a strike from around 35 yards into the top corner.As the second half started, Arsenal maintained their dominance, keeping Nottingham Forest inside their own half of the field. At the one-hour mark, Lucas Perez scored his first goal for Arsenal through a penalty kick that was awarded after Chuba Akpom was fouled.
Eleven minutes later, Lucas Perez completed his brace, as he scored his side’s third goal in the 71st minute on individual effort.
During the injury time, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored Arsenal’s fourth goal after an assist from Lucas Perez, to make it 4-0 for Arsenal.