Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Former Zamalek forward Hussein Yasser joins Al Ahli SC
Former Zamalek player, Hussein Yasser Elmohamady has been unveiled as a new signing by Qatar League side Al Ahli Sports Club.
Hussein Yasser has signed for his 11th club in his career, a list that includes Al Ahly, Manchester City, and SC Braga. The former Zamalek forward was today unveiled by Al Ahli SC. The Qatar Sports League team unveiled Yasser among a few other new signings.
The 33-year-old joined Al Ahli as a free agent; after his stint in the Qatari league with Al-Wakrah, with whom he scored four goals in 28 appearances.
حسين ياسر : ساقدم كل خبراتي مع الأهلي pic.twitter.com/CJtqdQWmqR
— نادي الأهلي الرياضي (@ahliqat) September 21, 2016
The Qatari-Egyptian winger scored three goals in three Cairo Derby matches during his time with Zamalek, more than he scored during his time at Al Ahly.
In a post-training interview, Yasser expressed his happiness to finally sign for Al Ahli and assured his readiness to be in the starting XI.
“Now, the coach can rely on me during the games. Before signing my contract, I couldn’t play any matches, but I did train with the rest of the team,” said Yasser.
Al Ahli will play Al Sadd in the second game week of the Qatari Star League with both teams winning their league-opening match.
“Physically, I’m ready to play games, but obviously a 90-minute game requires more preparation and better fitness than a training session,” Yasser claimed.
“We have a break from our league games this Saturday, and we will have a chance to work on ourselves individually and as a team,” he explained.