The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Former Zamalek forward Hussein Yasser joins Al Ahli SC
Former Zamalek player, Hussein Yasser Elmohamady has been unveiled as a new signing by Qatar League side Al Ahli Sports Club.
Hussein Yasser has signed for his 11th club in his career, a list that includes Al Ahly, Manchester City, and SC Braga. The former Zamalek forward was today unveiled by Al Ahli SC. The Qatar Sports League team unveiled Yasser among a few other new signings.
The 33-year-old joined Al Ahli as a free agent; after his stint in the Qatari league with Al-Wakrah, with whom he scored four goals in 28 appearances.
حسين ياسر : ساقدم كل خبراتي مع الأهلي pic.twitter.com/CJtqdQWmqR
— نادي الأهلي الرياضي (@ahliqat) September 21, 2016
The Qatari-Egyptian winger scored three goals in three Cairo Derby matches during his time with Zamalek, more than he scored during his time at Al Ahly.
In a post-training interview, Yasser expressed his happiness to finally sign for Al Ahli and assured his readiness to be in the starting XI.
“Now, the coach can rely on me during the games. Before signing my contract, I couldn’t play any matches, but I did train with the rest of the team,” said Yasser.
Al Ahli will play Al Sadd in the second game week of the Qatari Star League with both teams winning their league-opening match.
“Physically, I’m ready to play games, but obviously a 90-minute game requires more preparation and better fitness than a training session,” Yasser claimed.
“We have a break from our league games this Saturday, and we will have a chance to work on ourselves individually and as a team,” he explained.