Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Gaber deputises at left-back as Basel scrape win
Egypt international Omar Gaber deputised on the left side of defence, as Basel battled to a tough 1-2 win away to Lausanne on Wednesday night.
Gaber, whose usual positions are right-back and defensive midfield, started on the left side of a four man defence in Basel’s eighth league match of the season.
Francesco Margiotta opened the scoring for the hosts in the 38th minute, as the reigning champions conceded their sixth goal in eight Super League matches.
Nevertheless, Birkir Bjarnasson equalised for Basel midway through the second period.
The action was not over; Lausanne Xavier Margairaz received a straight red card in the 90th minute, and the visitors took full advantage, with Eder Balanta scoring in stoppage time to snatch an eighth-straight win as the team continued its 100% record in the league.
The result sees Basel stretch its lead to 11 points at the top of the table.