Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Gaber deputises at left-back as Basel scrape win
Egypt international Omar Gaber deputised on the left side of defence, as Basel battled to a tough 1-2 win away to Lausanne on Wednesday night.
Gaber, whose usual positions are right-back and defensive midfield, started on the left side of a four man defence in Basel’s eighth league match of the season.
Francesco Margiotta opened the scoring for the hosts in the 38th minute, as the reigning champions conceded their sixth goal in eight Super League matches.
Nevertheless, Birkir Bjarnasson equalised for Basel midway through the second period.
The action was not over; Lausanne Xavier Margairaz received a straight red card in the 90th minute, and the visitors took full advantage, with Eder Balanta scoring in stoppage time to snatch an eighth-straight win as the team continued its 100% record in the league.
The result sees Basel stretch its lead to 11 points at the top of the table.