Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Gaber deputises at left-back as Basel scrape win
Egypt international Omar Gaber deputised on the left side of defence, as Basel battled to a tough 1-2 win away to Lausanne on Wednesday night.
Gaber, whose usual positions are right-back and defensive midfield, started on the left side of a four man defence in Basel’s eighth league match of the season.
Francesco Margiotta opened the scoring for the hosts in the 38th minute, as the reigning champions conceded their sixth goal in eight Super League matches.
Nevertheless, Birkir Bjarnasson equalised for Basel midway through the second period.
The action was not over; Lausanne Xavier Margairaz received a straight red card in the 90th minute, and the visitors took full advantage, with Eder Balanta scoring in stoppage time to snatch an eighth-straight win as the team continued its 100% record in the league.
The result sees Basel stretch its lead to 11 points at the top of the table.