Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Gaber deputises at left-back as Basel scrape win
Egypt international Omar Gaber deputised on the left side of defence, as Basel battled to a tough 1-2 win away to Lausanne on Wednesday night.
Gaber, whose usual positions are right-back and defensive midfield, started on the left side of a four man defence in Basel’s eighth league match of the season.
Francesco Margiotta opened the scoring for the hosts in the 38th minute, as the reigning champions conceded their sixth goal in eight Super League matches.
Nevertheless, Birkir Bjarnasson equalised for Basel midway through the second period.
The action was not over; Lausanne Xavier Margairaz received a straight red card in the 90th minute, and the visitors took full advantage, with Eder Balanta scoring in stoppage time to snatch an eighth-straight win as the team continued its 100% record in the league.
The result sees Basel stretch its lead to 11 points at the top of the table.