After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Karim Hafez features in thrilling comeback win
Early on in the game, the home side created the opening chances, with Karim Hafez’s crosses causing trouble for Orleans.
However, the deadlock was opened after 9 minutes by the away side thanks to Ivorian midfielder Aholou.
Midway through the first half, Cristian came close to equalising for Lens after a good cross by John Bostock, however the ball struck the post.
Lens eventually found their goal, after Cristian was brought down in the box for John Bostock to dispatch the resultant penalty.
The Pas de Calais side continues to create chances and dominate possession, however Orleans scored against the run of play again, this time through N’Goma, to take a 2-1 lead into the interval.
Bostock doubled his tally to equalise ten minutes into the second half, following a pass by wide man Zoubir.
Orleans started to capitulate from there, and Lens right back Lala crossed into the middle to find Spanish striker Cristian Lopez, who finished past Sissoko.
Bostock turned from scorer to provider soon later, as his cross found the domineering Serbian defender Cvetivovic, who scored to create a two goal cushion.
The result helps to get Lens’ season underway, as this was just their second win in a start which has seen five draws from their opening seven games, and they move onto 11 points to stay in touch with their promotion rivals.