An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Karim Hafez features in thrilling comeback win
Early on in the game, the home side created the opening chances, with Karim Hafez’s crosses causing trouble for Orleans.
However, the deadlock was opened after 9 minutes by the away side thanks to Ivorian midfielder Aholou.
Midway through the first half, Cristian came close to equalising for Lens after a good cross by John Bostock, however the ball struck the post.
Lens eventually found their goal, after Cristian was brought down in the box for John Bostock to dispatch the resultant penalty.
The Pas de Calais side continues to create chances and dominate possession, however Orleans scored against the run of play again, this time through N’Goma, to take a 2-1 lead into the interval.
Bostock doubled his tally to equalise ten minutes into the second half, following a pass by wide man Zoubir.
Orleans started to capitulate from there, and Lens right back Lala crossed into the middle to find Spanish striker Cristian Lopez, who finished past Sissoko.
Bostock turned from scorer to provider soon later, as his cross found the domineering Serbian defender Cvetivovic, who scored to create a two goal cushion.
The result helps to get Lens’ season underway, as this was just their second win in a start which has seen five draws from their opening seven games, and they move onto 11 points to stay in touch with their promotion rivals.