Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Trezeguet scores again as Mouscron progress in cup
Trezeguet scored as Royal Excel Mouscron advanced to the round of 16 of the Belgian Cup, after beating second division side Dessel Sport on penalties.
The Egyptian youngster has now scored for the second successive game to send out a strong message to Anderlecht.
Mouscron took the lead after 19 minutes through Czech defender Sefan Simic, but Belgian striker Leo Njengo equalised for Dessel Sport just three minutes later.
Both teams’ attempts to take the lead were unsuccessful, as parity lasted until the end of the first half.
Mouscron re-took the lead through substitute Filip Markovic early in the second interval, before Dessel Sport scored in the dying minutes of the game to take the match to extra time.
The first half of extra time was uneventful, as both teams failed to change the result.
Three minutes into the second half of extra time, however, Trezeguet have scored his side’s third goal to give them the lead yet again.
— Royal Excel Mouscron (@ExcelMouscron) September 20, 2016
Mouscron again failed to hold onto the advantage, and the hosts scored a late goal, as penalties beckoned.
A lengthy shootout ended only when Trezeguet stepped up to convert the winning spot-kick to clinch the win, as Mouscron advanced to the round of 16.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) September 21, 2016