Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
VIDEO: Lierse knocked out of Belgian Cup despite Zizo goal
Zizo’s goal was not enough for Lierse as they crashed out of the Belgian Cup after conceding a late goal despite leading for most of the match
Despite conceding the first chance of the match to Gent, Lierse S.K. opened the scoring in the 17th minute. Ahmed Said ‘Zizo’ headed home a cross by Anas Tahiri. The two combined again moments later but ‘Zizo’ did not manage to score the second time.
Gent grew in strength as the half went on. The Belgian First Division A side created a few chances, against the home team, but went to the break 1-0 down.
They continued their domination in the second half and their efforts were rewarded with a goal in the 65th minute. Rob Schoofs beat the Lierse goalkeeper from distance to draw his team level.
The goal galvanized the visiting team and they piled more pressure on Lierse S.K. Lierse made changes in attempts to raise their game; including subbing off Mohamed El-Gabbas for Aurélien Joachim.
Unfortunately for the home team, they were pinned back for the latter stages of the match. Lierse finally cracked to the pressure in the 91st minute. French striker, Jéremy Perbet tapped home after being set up by Milicevic, to win the game for KAA Gent.
The win put Gent through to the round of 16 of the Belgian Cup while Lierse are now eliminated after suffering their first loss of the season.