Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Salah scores, assist in Roma’s thrashing of Crotone
Roma’s supremacy was clear in the first-half with the team enjoying 71% of ball possession, and having several attempts on Crotone’s goal in the opening 15 minutes.
Roma came close to opening the scoring in the first minute when Salah’s run into the box helped set up Florenzi, but his shot was wide. In the 25th minute, Stephan El Shaarawy finally opened the scoring with a low shot from inside the box. Salah passed the ball to Florenzi who found El Shaarawy in the box.
In the 36th minute, a one-two between Salah and Totti set the Egyptian up in front of goal, and he slotted home Roma’s second goal of the night from the team’s second shot on target. The first-half ended 2-0 in favor of the hosts.
It took Francesco Totti just three minutes after the break to set up Edin Dzeko in front of goal before the latter chipped the ball over the goalkeeper. Just nine minutes later, Dzeko netted his second goal, and Roma’s fourth goal of the night.
In the 59th minute, Wojciech Szczęsny saved a penalty to keep the score at 4-0. In the 66th minute, Salah’s night came to an end as he made way for Juan Manuel Iturbe.
AS Roma will travel to Turin to play Torino on Sunday in game week six of the Serie A.