Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Sierra Leone legend Mamadu Alphajor Bah dies in car crash
Former Sierra Leone player Mamadu Alphajor Bah died in a car accident on Wednesday in Freetown.
The 39-year-old was pronounced dead after he was taken to the hospital after a truck coming from the opposite direction hit his car causing him excessive bleeding.
Sierra Leone legend Mohamed Kallon expressed his sorrow to BBC Sport saying: “I am still in shock and deeply saddened by the loss of our friend, brother and father Mamadu Alphajor Bah.
“He was an outstanding footballer, a great team-mate, very committed and hard working, always fun to be around.
“It’s a big loss and we’ll surely miss him.”
Bah scored 12 goals in 35 appearances throughout his eight-year international career. He also played for many clubs in Europe and Asia before finally hanging his boots in 2012.