Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
West Brom decide against signing Chamakh after trial
Chamakh has been training with the Baggies for the past few weeks, but Tony Pulis decided that him and Malian Mohamed Sissoko, who’s been also on trial, weren’t going to be offered contracts.
“We have decided against taking Chamakh and Sissoko. They have moved on and we wish them well,” Pulis said.
“There’s other clubs out there who want the two lads who can guarantee them more opportunities than what we have.”
“They came in, and obviously I have more of an association with Chamakh because of the time at Crystal Palace, and he was fantastic for me. But there are other clubs out there who want the two lads and who can guarantee them more
opportunities than we can.”
The 32-year-old Chamakh has been most recently applying his trade for Crystal Palace in the Premier League. He joined Palace in 2013 and had 66 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals before being released by the club this year.
Former Valenica and Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko has been linked to other Premier League clubs including Hull City and Sunderland. The Malian midfielder joined the exodus of players to the Chinese Super League after joining Shanghai Shenhua in 2015, before being released this year.