Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
West Brom decide against signing Chamakh after trial
Chamakh has been training with the Baggies for the past few weeks, but Tony Pulis decided that him and Malian Mohamed Sissoko, who’s been also on trial, weren’t going to be offered contracts.
“We have decided against taking Chamakh and Sissoko. They have moved on and we wish them well,” Pulis said.
“There’s other clubs out there who want the two lads who can guarantee them more opportunities than what we have.”
“They came in, and obviously I have more of an association with Chamakh because of the time at Crystal Palace, and he was fantastic for me. But there are other clubs out there who want the two lads and who can guarantee them more
opportunities than we can.”
The 32-year-old Chamakh has been most recently applying his trade for Crystal Palace in the Premier League. He joined Palace in 2013 and had 66 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals before being released by the club this year.
Former Valenica and Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko has been linked to other Premier League clubs including Hull City and Sunderland. The Malian midfielder joined the exodus of players to the Chinese Super League after joining Shanghai Shenhua in 2015, before being released this year.