Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
FUTSAL: Egypt to quarter finals following extra time thriller against Italy
Egypt reached the quarter finals of the Futsal World cup after a hard fought 4-3 win against Italy at the Coliseo El Pueblo in Cali, Colombia.
The Pharaohs scored the winner in the second half of the extra time through Abdelrahman Elashwal who starred for Egypt, scoring a hat-rick.
Italy looked dominant at the beginning, but Egypt managed to score first after Elashwal was assisted by Ahmed Moza.
The Azzurri equalizer came immediately; Murilo Ferriera was released by Humberto Honorio to open the scoring for the Italians. The Egyptians scored again through Essam Allam but once again an instant response from Marco Ercolessi to make the score 2-2.
Egypt looked to seal the victory seven minutes from time after Elashwal close range strike made it 3-2 but the Italians added the equalizer after just one minute to force extra time.
The two teams showed fierce performances searching for the winner in the extra time which saw Egypt record a famous win through their star man Elashwal to seal a quarter-final spot.
Egypt set to to play Argentina in the quarter finals in Cali on Sunday.