Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
FUTSAL: Egypt to quarter finals following extra time thriller against Italy
The Pharaohs scored the winner in the second half of the extra time through Abdelrahman Elashwal who starred for Egypt, scoring a hat-rick.
Italy looked dominant at the beginning, but Egypt managed to score first after Elashwal was assisted by Ahmed Moza.
The Azzurri equalizer came immediately; Murilo Ferriera was released by Humberto Honorio to open the scoring for the Italians. The Egyptians scored again through Essam Allam but once again an instant response from Marco Ercolessi to make the score 2-2.
Egypt looked to seal the victory seven minutes from time after Elashwal close range strike made it 3-2 but the Italians added the equalizer after just one minute to force extra time.
The two teams showed fierce performances searching for the winner in the extra time which saw Egypt record a famous win through their star man Elashwal to seal a quarter-final spot.
Egypt set to to play Argentina in the quarter finals in Cali on Sunday.