Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
FUTSAL: Egypt to quarter finals following extra time thriller against Italy
Egypt reached the quarter finals of the Futsal World cup after a hard fought 4-3 win against Italy at the Coliseo El Pueblo in Cali, Colombia.
The Pharaohs scored the winner in the second half of the extra time through Abdelrahman Elashwal who starred for Egypt, scoring a hat-rick.
Italy looked dominant at the beginning, but Egypt managed to score first after Elashwal was assisted by Ahmed Moza.
The Azzurri equalizer came immediately; Murilo Ferriera was released by Humberto Honorio to open the scoring for the Italians. The Egyptians scored again through Essam Allam but once again an instant response from Marco Ercolessi to make the score 2-2.
Egypt looked to seal the victory seven minutes from time after Elashwal close range strike made it 3-2 but the Italians added the equalizer after just one minute to force extra time.
The two teams showed fierce performances searching for the winner in the extra time which saw Egypt record a famous win through their star man Elashwal to seal a quarter-final spot.
Egypt set to to play Argentina in the quarter finals in Cali on Sunday.