Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
FUTSAL: Egypt to quarter finals following extra time thriller against Italy
Egypt reached the quarter finals of the Futsal World cup after a hard fought 4-3 win against Italy at the Coliseo El Pueblo in Cali, Colombia.
The Pharaohs scored the winner in the second half of the extra time through Abdelrahman Elashwal who starred for Egypt, scoring a hat-rick.
Italy looked dominant at the beginning, but Egypt managed to score first after Elashwal was assisted by Ahmed Moza.
The Azzurri equalizer came immediately; Murilo Ferriera was released by Humberto Honorio to open the scoring for the Italians. The Egyptians scored again through Essam Allam but once again an instant response from Marco Ercolessi to make the score 2-2.
Egypt looked to seal the victory seven minutes from time after Elashwal close range strike made it 3-2 but the Italians added the equalizer after just one minute to force extra time.
The two teams showed fierce performances searching for the winner in the extra time which saw Egypt record a famous win through their star man Elashwal to seal a quarter-final spot.
Egypt set to to play Argentina in the quarter finals in Cali on Sunday.