Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Hossam El-Badry praises players after league win
Al Ahly’s new head coach, Hossam El-Badry, praised his players after their 2-0 win over Arab Contractors in the second of the Egyptian Premier League.
El-Badry’s side victory over Arab Contractors was their second win in the Egyptian Premier League this season after they beat Ismaily 1-0 last week to top the league table temporarily with 6 points.
“I want to thank my players for their enthusiasm during the game, regardless that their performance fluctuated a lot during the match,” The 56-year-old said.
“Our performance dipped a lot during the game, especially at the beginning of the second half, but we managed to gain possession once again.”
“The over enthusiasm can’t be there all the time. No team in the world can press the opponent for 90 minutes,” El-Badry continued.
Also, El-Badry addressed the new signings saying: “We’re waiting for the right time to give the new signings play time.”
“Putting pressure on the new signings since the very beginning will not be in their favour and that’s why we’ll wait for the right time.”
“Playing time for the new signings we’ll depend on the player himself where intensity in training will rank them high in the pecking order,” He concluded.
It’s worth noting that Hossam El-Badry succeeded Martin Jol to become Al Ahly’s manager after the latter’s departure a month ago.