AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hossam El-Badry praises players after league win
El-Badry’s side victory over Arab Contractors was their second win in the Egyptian Premier League this season after they beat Ismaily 1-0 last week to top the league table temporarily with 6 points.
“I want to thank my players for their enthusiasm during the game, regardless that their performance fluctuated a lot during the match,” The 56-year-old said.
“Our performance dipped a lot during the game, especially at the beginning of the second half, but we managed to gain possession once again.”
“The over enthusiasm can’t be there all the time. No team in the world can press the opponent for 90 minutes,” El-Badry continued.
Also, El-Badry addressed the new signings saying: “We’re waiting for the right time to give the new signings play time.”
“Putting pressure on the new signings since the very beginning will not be in their favour and that’s why we’ll wait for the right time.”
“Playing time for the new signings we’ll depend on the player himself where intensity in training will rank them high in the pecking order,” He concluded.
It’s worth noting that Hossam El-Badry succeeded Martin Jol to become Al Ahly’s manager after the latter’s departure a month ago.