Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Hossam El-Badry praises players after league win
Al Ahly’s new head coach, Hossam El-Badry, praised his players after their 2-0 win over Arab Contractors in the second of the Egyptian Premier League.
El-Badry’s side victory over Arab Contractors was their second win in the Egyptian Premier League this season after they beat Ismaily 1-0 last week to top the league table temporarily with 6 points.
“I want to thank my players for their enthusiasm during the game, regardless that their performance fluctuated a lot during the match,” The 56-year-old said.
“Our performance dipped a lot during the game, especially at the beginning of the second half, but we managed to gain possession once again.”
“The over enthusiasm can’t be there all the time. No team in the world can press the opponent for 90 minutes,” El-Badry continued.
Also, El-Badry addressed the new signings saying: “We’re waiting for the right time to give the new signings play time.”
“Putting pressure on the new signings since the very beginning will not be in their favour and that’s why we’ll wait for the right time.”
“Playing time for the new signings we’ll depend on the player himself where intensity in training will rank them high in the pecking order,” He concluded.
It’s worth noting that Hossam El-Badry succeeded Martin Jol to become Al Ahly’s manager after the latter’s departure a month ago.