Al-Ahli Tripoli qualified to the 2017 CAF Champions League round of 32 after...
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
Hossam El-Badry praises players after league win
Al Ahly’s new head coach, Hossam El-Badry, praised his players after their 2-0 win over Arab Contractors in the second of the Egyptian Premier League.
El-Badry’s side victory over Arab Contractors was their second win in the Egyptian Premier League this season after they beat Ismaily 1-0 last week to top the league table temporarily with 6 points.
“I want to thank my players for their enthusiasm during the game, regardless that their performance fluctuated a lot during the match,” The 56-year-old said.
“Our performance dipped a lot during the game, especially at the beginning of the second half, but we managed to gain possession once again.”
“The over enthusiasm can’t be there all the time. No team in the world can press the opponent for 90 minutes,” El-Badry continued.
Also, El-Badry addressed the new signings saying: “We’re waiting for the right time to give the new signings play time.”
“Putting pressure on the new signings since the very beginning will not be in their favour and that’s why we’ll wait for the right time.”
“Playing time for the new signings we’ll depend on the player himself where intensity in training will rank them high in the pecking order,” He concluded.
It’s worth noting that Hossam El-Badry succeeded Martin Jol to become Al Ahly’s manager after the latter’s departure a month ago.