Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Hossam El-Badry praises players after league win
Al Ahly’s new head coach, Hossam El-Badry, praised his players after their 2-0 win over Arab Contractors in the second of the Egyptian Premier League.
El-Badry’s side victory over Arab Contractors was their second win in the Egyptian Premier League this season after they beat Ismaily 1-0 last week to top the league table temporarily with 6 points.
“I want to thank my players for their enthusiasm during the game, regardless that their performance fluctuated a lot during the match,” The 56-year-old said.
“Our performance dipped a lot during the game, especially at the beginning of the second half, but we managed to gain possession once again.”
“The over enthusiasm can’t be there all the time. No team in the world can press the opponent for 90 minutes,” El-Badry continued.
Also, El-Badry addressed the new signings saying: “We’re waiting for the right time to give the new signings play time.”
“Putting pressure on the new signings since the very beginning will not be in their favour and that’s why we’ll wait for the right time.”
“Playing time for the new signings we’ll depend on the player himself where intensity in training will rank them high in the pecking order,” He concluded.
It’s worth noting that Hossam El-Badry succeeded Martin Jol to become Al Ahly’s manager after the latter’s departure a month ago.