Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Elmohamady sees red as Hull City lose to Liverpool
Liverpool started the game very strong, producing many chances through Mane, Coutinho, and Lallana. In the first ten minutes, Elmohamady made a goal-line clearance inside the 6 yard box after Mane’s cross reached Coutinho. He made another clearance off the line in the 14th minute.
However, Elmohamady couldn’t prevent Lallana from scoring in the 17th minute after a pass from Coutinho inside the box, as the Reds got on the board. In the 29th minute, Elmohamady received a red card after being judged to have handled the ball inside the box to prevent a scoring opportunity. Consequently, Liverpool was awarded a penalty, which was converted by Milner.
Mane added another goal for Liverpool in the 35th minute after a pass from Lallana found him in enough space to turn and score.
The second half started very much like the first half with all the pressure from Liverpool.
Meyler, who was substituted in after Elmohamady red card, scored Hull City’s consolation goal through their first corner of the game in the 51st minute. However, Coutinho scored a screamer to extend Liverpool’s lead one minute later.
Sturridge was judged to have been brought down in the box by Robertson, and once again Milner scored a penalty in the 70th minute. The game ended 5-1, leaving Hull City in 12th place and Liverpool in 3rd.