Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Elneny excluded in Arsenal’s crushing win against Chelsea
Arsenal secured an important three points against Chelsea, in the absence of the Egyptian midfielder Mohamed Elneny.
Arsenal managed to deliver a fantastic performance, dominating the game and scoring three great goals to secure an important victory for the Gunners.
Though Ian Wright pushed for an Elneny start, he was omitted from the match squad, as Arsene Wenger elected to stick with the usual Coquelin-Cazorla midfield partnership.
The game started with Arsenal pushing forward and dominating the midfield, forcing Chelsea to sit back and make errors.
And that was the case for Arsenal’s first goal, as the pressing and the intensity of Alexis Sanchez caused Chelsea defender Gary Cahill to make an error, allowing the Chilean through on goal, and he made it 1-0 for the Gunners.
Two minutes later, a fantastic play between Iwobi, Bellerin and Walcott, saw the English winger score Arsenal’s second goal.
Arsenal continued to show off their offensive prowess. Özil magnificently sent N’golo Kante the wrong way, made a darting run before orchestrating a give and go with Alexis Sanchez, culminating in one-time volley to make the score 3-0 before halftime.
The second half consisted of Chelsea trying to peg Arsenal back, while Arsenal were content on hitting their London rivals on the counter, and they could have increased their lead on multiple occasions.
Mohamed Elneny figures to feature in the Arsenal team in the coming games, as Francis Coquelin was taken off due to injury in the first half.