Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Elneny excluded in Arsenal’s crushing win against Chelsea
Arsenal secured an important three points against Chelsea, in the absence of the Egyptian midfielder Mohamed Elneny.
Arsenal managed to deliver a fantastic performance, dominating the game and scoring three great goals to secure an important victory for the Gunners.
Though Ian Wright pushed for an Elneny start, he was omitted from the match squad, as Arsene Wenger elected to stick with the usual Coquelin-Cazorla midfield partnership.
The game started with Arsenal pushing forward and dominating the midfield, forcing Chelsea to sit back and make errors.
And that was the case for Arsenal’s first goal, as the pressing and the intensity of Alexis Sanchez caused Chelsea defender Gary Cahill to make an error, allowing the Chilean through on goal, and he made it 1-0 for the Gunners.
Two minutes later, a fantastic play between Iwobi, Bellerin and Walcott, saw the English winger score Arsenal’s second goal.
Arsenal continued to show off their offensive prowess. Özil magnificently sent N’golo Kante the wrong way, made a darting run before orchestrating a give and go with Alexis Sanchez, culminating in one-time volley to make the score 3-0 before halftime.
The second half consisted of Chelsea trying to peg Arsenal back, while Arsenal were content on hitting their London rivals on the counter, and they could have increased their lead on multiple occasions.
Mohamed Elneny figures to feature in the Arsenal team in the coming games, as Francis Coquelin was taken off due to injury in the first half.