The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Luciano Spalletti speaks about Salah’s tactical role in press conference
Roma coach, Spalletti spoke about the tactical situation of Salah in his press conference ahead of the weekend’s match against Torino.
Spalletti explained the difference in Mohamed Salah starting from a higher or deeper position on the pitch. “I say if Salah is able to start in a more central role and 10 metres higher up the field, the path to go one-on-one with opposition defenders is shorter.
If he has to start from the position of doubling up with the right-back, the path is doubled and he has more players to trying to stop him.”
The AS Roms coach also talked about the combination between Salah and Florenzi, the side’s right-back. “We also need to find a way to help the fullback attack, so it’s about balance.”
Mohamed Salah has scored three goals in Serie A this season. His teams sits third on the table after playing five matches.