Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Luciano Spalletti speaks about Salah’s tactical role in press conference
Roma coach, Spalletti spoke about the tactical situation of Salah in his press conference ahead of the weekend’s match against Torino.
Spalletti explained the difference in Mohamed Salah starting from a higher or deeper position on the pitch. “I say if Salah is able to start in a more central role and 10 metres higher up the field, the path to go one-on-one with opposition defenders is shorter.
If he has to start from the position of doubling up with the right-back, the path is doubled and he has more players to trying to stop him.”
The AS Roms coach also talked about the combination between Salah and Florenzi, the side’s right-back. “We also need to find a way to help the fullback attack, so it’s about balance.”
Mohamed Salah has scored three goals in Serie A this season. His teams sits third on the table after playing five matches.