Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Luciano Spalletti speaks about Salah’s tactical role in press conference
Roma coach, Spalletti spoke about the tactical situation of Salah in his press conference ahead of the weekend’s match against Torino.
Spalletti explained the difference in Mohamed Salah starting from a higher or deeper position on the pitch. “I say if Salah is able to start in a more central role and 10 metres higher up the field, the path to go one-on-one with opposition defenders is shorter.
If he has to start from the position of doubling up with the right-back, the path is doubled and he has more players to trying to stop him.”
The AS Roms coach also talked about the combination between Salah and Florenzi, the side’s right-back. “We also need to find a way to help the fullback attack, so it’s about balance.”
Mohamed Salah has scored three goals in Serie A this season. His teams sits third on the table after playing five matches.