Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Momen Soliman: Our job against Wydad is not done
Momen Soliman has insisted that Zamalek have not yet guaranteed their place in the CAF Champions league final, discussing also former Wydad and Al Ahly former coaches John Toshack and Martin Jol respectively.
“We should not be arrogant about our win in the first leg, There is still one match left before reaching the final in which Wydad will be desperate to make a good result in the presence of their fans.’’ Soliman told Moroccan newspaper Al Mountakhab.
“Wydad are a huge club and we have a lot of respect to them, I advised my players to not take the first leg’s result for granted as we are not in the final yet.’’
Soliman also spoke about the first leg result and the two teams performances : ‘‘We are training hard and all our preparations are going well to try to win here also in Morocco. Honestly I did not expect the result of the first leg but our early goal made the players believe in themselves and in our tactics and all went very good that night.’’
‘‘I watched the Wydad game against Ahly at Borg Al Arab stadium and I was fascinated with their style of play, I think their loss in the first leg was an exception and will not be repeated as they are very strong team’’ Soliman continued.
Soliman also responded to claims he was the reason the sacking of Martin Jol and John Toschak: ‘‘Any defeat for any big team has its own results and consequences. It is normal in football when a team lose the derby the manager may be sacked afterwards. The sacking of the two managers depends on Wydad and Al Ahly officials not me.’’
‘‘I want the match to be in an atmosphere of fair play and and spirit of sportsmanship, personally I want my team to give a good performance and seal our place in the final ’’ Soliman concluded.