Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Elashwal delighted after inspiring Egypt to victory over Italy in the Futsal World Cup
The 22-year-old who has been earning a living as a delivery boy at his father’s laundrette in Cairo, has expressed his delight at how his life has taken a new direction, after inspiring Egypt to victory against Italy in the 2016 Colombia Futsal World Cup.
It all started when his father suggested he try his luck with a local football club and given the opportunity, he opted for Futsal, a decision which turned to be right after inspiring Egypt defeat Italy.
“Its hard to describe how we felt at knocking Italy out”, the young pivotal told FIFA.com.
He added, “Nobody believed in us as much as we did, and here we are. We’re Champions of Africa and among the best eight in the World.”
The Misr Lel-Makkasa player shifts his attention to quarter-final ﬂopponents Argentina who defeated Egypt in previous two meetings.
Asked about Argentina Eshwal said, “We know them preety well. They play an attacking game and defend well. I don’t think there is a clear cut favorite for this game. It’s going to be interesting to play and watch.”
The young Egyptian goal-getter empathized on not settling at defeating Italy only, he added that he admitted it was huge emotionally but assured that they are mentally prepared of the tie against Argentina.