Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Elashwal delighted after inspiring Egypt to victory over Italy in the Futsal World Cup
The 22-year-old who has been earning a living as a delivery boy at his father’s laundrette in Cairo, has expressed his delight at how his life has taken a new direction, after inspiring Egypt to victory against Italy in the 2016 Colombia Futsal World Cup.
It all started when his father suggested he try his luck with a local football club and given the opportunity, he opted for Futsal, a decision which turned to be right after inspiring Egypt defeat Italy.
“Its hard to describe how we felt at knocking Italy out”, the young pivotal told FIFA.com.
He added, “Nobody believed in us as much as we did, and here we are. We’re Champions of Africa and among the best eight in the World.”
The Misr Lel-Makkasa player shifts his attention to quarter-final ﬂopponents Argentina who defeated Egypt in previous two meetings.
Asked about Argentina Eshwal said, “We know them preety well. They play an attacking game and defend well. I don’t think there is a clear cut favorite for this game. It’s going to be interesting to play and watch.”
The young Egyptian goal-getter empathized on not settling at defeating Italy only, he added that he admitted it was huge emotionally but assured that they are mentally prepared of the tie against Argentina.