Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Mohamed Salah features as Roma lose 3-1 to Torino
Roma went into the match after an overall good start to the Serie A season, sitting in third in the league with 10 points from their opening five games, and on the back of a 4-0 win over newly promoted Crotone.
Torino were less fortunate, and aside from a 5-1 drubbing of Bologna they had failed to win a match so far, and went into the match following two goalless draws against Empoli and Pescara.
Roma created some early chances but failed to find Edin Dzeko on two occasions, the second of which was a weak Salah cross.
Nainggolan’s shot from distance came close but ultimately failed to hit the target.
Roma were made to pay moments later, when Andrea Belotti added to his already impressive tally of four goals from five games with a header at the near post.
The chances kept falling to Dzeko, but the score remained 1-0 until the half-time whistle blew.
Early in the second half, Torino won a penalty as Belotti was brought down by ex-Torino defender Bruno Peres, and Iago Falque – on loan from Roma – scored the penalty against his parent club.
Almost immediately afterwards, Diego Perotti was brought down in the box by De Silvestri, and club legend Francesco Totti sent Joe Hart the wrong way as his penalty found the top left corner of the net.
Torino doubled their advantage through Falque again, thanks to his deflected shot over Szczesny after the ball broke to him from Belotti’s heavy touch.
Although Roma are still in third place in Serie A, they will likely be overtaken if Milan or Inter win their games in hand.