Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Mohamed Salah features as Roma lose 3-1 to Torino
Mohamed Salah featured as Torino managed their first home win over Roma since 1990, on matchday six of the 2016/17 Serie A season.
Roma went into the match after an overall good start to the Serie A season, sitting in third in the league with 10 points from their opening five games, and on the back of a 4-0 win over newly promoted Crotone.
Torino were less fortunate, and aside from a 5-1 drubbing of Bologna they had failed to win a match so far, and went into the match following two goalless draws against Empoli and Pescara.
Roma created some early chances but failed to find Edin Dzeko on two occasions, the second of which was a weak Salah cross.
Nainggolan’s shot from distance came close but ultimately failed to hit the target.
Roma were made to pay moments later, when Andrea Belotti added to his already impressive tally of four goals from five games with a header at the near post.
The chances kept falling to Dzeko, but the score remained 1-0 until the half-time whistle blew.
Early in the second half, Torino won a penalty as Belotti was brought down by ex-Torino defender Bruno Peres, and Iago Falque – on loan from Roma – scored the penalty against his parent club.
Almost immediately afterwards, Diego Perotti was brought down in the box by De Silvestri, and club legend Francesco Totti sent Joe Hart the wrong way as his penalty found the top left corner of the net.
Torino doubled their advantage through Falque again, thanks to his deflected shot over Szczesny after the ball broke to him from Belotti’s heavy touch.
Although Roma are still in third place in Serie A, they will likely be overtaken if Milan or Inter win their games in hand.