Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Mohamed Salah features as Roma lose 3-1 to Torino
Mohamed Salah featured as Torino managed their first home win over Roma since 1990, on matchday six of the 2016/17 Serie A season.
Roma went into the match after an overall good start to the Serie A season, sitting in third in the league with 10 points from their opening five games, and on the back of a 4-0 win over newly promoted Crotone.
Torino were less fortunate, and aside from a 5-1 drubbing of Bologna they had failed to win a match so far, and went into the match following two goalless draws against Empoli and Pescara.
Roma created some early chances but failed to find Edin Dzeko on two occasions, the second of which was a weak Salah cross.
Nainggolan’s shot from distance came close but ultimately failed to hit the target.
Roma were made to pay moments later, when Andrea Belotti added to his already impressive tally of four goals from five games with a header at the near post.
The chances kept falling to Dzeko, but the score remained 1-0 until the half-time whistle blew.
Early in the second half, Torino won a penalty as Belotti was brought down by ex-Torino defender Bruno Peres, and Iago Falque – on loan from Roma – scored the penalty against his parent club.
Almost immediately afterwards, Diego Perotti was brought down in the box by De Silvestri, and club legend Francesco Totti sent Joe Hart the wrong way as his penalty found the top left corner of the net.
Torino doubled their advantage through Falque again, thanks to his deflected shot over Szczesny after the ball broke to him from Belotti’s heavy touch.
Although Roma are still in third place in Serie A, they will likely be overtaken if Milan or Inter win their games in hand.