The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
VIDEO: Egypt crash out of Futsal World Cup with heavy defeat to Argentina
Egypt crashed out at the quarter-final stage of the 2016 Futsal World Cup in Colombia, after a 5-0 loss to Argentina.
After a thrilling 4-3 extra time win against Italy on Thursday, the Egyptians were looking for another historic win, this time over Argentina.
However, right from the start, Argentina had complete dominance over proceedings.
Despite Egypt’s resilience in defence, Taborda scored from a corner in the 12th minute.
Stazzone doubled Argentina’s advantage in the 14th minute, after his shot deflected off Mizo.
After the break, Basile scored Argentina’s third in the 28th minute after a great pass.
Cuzzolino then made it 4-0 just one minute later, as the Pharaohs crumbled.
Battistoni scored Argentina’s fifth in the 34th minute to complete the rout, and Argentina will move on the semi-finals on Wednesday, where they face Portugal.