History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
VIDEO: Egypt crash out of Futsal World Cup with heavy defeat to Argentina
Egypt crashed out at the quarter-final stage of the 2016 Futsal World Cup in Colombia, after a 5-0 loss to Argentina.
After a thrilling 4-3 extra time win against Italy on Thursday, the Egyptians were looking for another historic win, this time over Argentina.
However, right from the start, Argentina had complete dominance over proceedings.
Despite Egypt’s resilience in defence, Taborda scored from a corner in the 12th minute.
Stazzone doubled Argentina’s advantage in the 14th minute, after his shot deflected off Mizo.
After the break, Basile scored Argentina’s third in the 28th minute after a great pass.
Cuzzolino then made it 4-0 just one minute later, as the Pharaohs crumbled.
Battistoni scored Argentina’s fifth in the 34th minute to complete the rout, and Argentina will move on the semi-finals on Wednesday, where they face Portugal.