Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
VIDEO: Egypt crash out of Futsal World Cup with heavy defeat to Argentina
Egypt crashed out at the quarter-final stage of the 2016 Futsal World Cup in Colombia, after a 5-0 loss to Argentina.
After a thrilling 4-3 extra time win against Italy on Thursday, the Egyptians were looking for another historic win, this time over Argentina.
However, right from the start, Argentina had complete dominance over proceedings.
Despite Egypt’s resilience in defence, Taborda scored from a corner in the 12th minute.
Stazzone doubled Argentina’s advantage in the 14th minute, after his shot deflected off Mizo.
After the break, Basile scored Argentina’s third in the 28th minute after a great pass.
Cuzzolino then made it 4-0 just one minute later, as the Pharaohs crumbled.
Battistoni scored Argentina’s fifth in the 34th minute to complete the rout, and Argentina will move on the semi-finals on Wednesday, where they face Portugal.