Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
VIDEO: Egypt crash out of Futsal World Cup with heavy defeat to Argentina
Egypt crashed out at the quarter-final stage of the 2016 Futsal World Cup in Colombia, after a 5-0 loss to Argentina.
After a thrilling 4-3 extra time win against Italy on Thursday, the Egyptians were looking for another historic win, this time over Argentina.
However, right from the start, Argentina had complete dominance over proceedings.
Despite Egypt’s resilience in defence, Taborda scored from a corner in the 12th minute.
Stazzone doubled Argentina’s advantage in the 14th minute, after his shot deflected off Mizo.
After the break, Basile scored Argentina’s third in the 28th minute after a great pass.
Cuzzolino then made it 4-0 just one minute later, as the Pharaohs crumbled.
Battistoni scored Argentina’s fifth in the 34th minute to complete the rout, and Argentina will move on the semi-finals on Wednesday, where they face Portugal.