The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Hodges praises Ramadan Sobhi’s defensive effort
After Monday’s 2-1 defeat against West Bromwich Albion, Hodges spoke about first team players Ramadan Sobhi, Charlie Adam and Marc Muniesa who were involved with his side.
The trio, who has been struggling to secure their spot with the first team, played the full 90 minutes on Monday.
Hodges highlighted the professionalism of the trio in playing with the younger side and helping them on and off the field. He also noted how the experience with the U-23 side would keep the trio’s fitness at a high standard so that they can get called up by Mark Hughes in the Premier League.
“They’re Premier League players and good footballers. Their personalities are fantastic in the dressing room and on the pitch,” Hodges told Stoke City official website.
The 53-year-old coach also discussed how Sobhi, who assisted his side’s only goal of the game, is still adapting to the style of play in the Premier League. However, Hodges also stressed that the ability of the Egypt international to track back and defend sets a good example for the younger players.
“You can see that Ramadan is quite new to it but the shift he puts in when he’s tracking back and defending really sets an example.
“If playing at this level is good enough for these players to get game time and stay fit then it’s certainly good for our young guys to look up to them and do it as well,” Hodges added.
Stoke City sit 19th with two points after six games. They are scheduled to face Manchester United on Sunday.