Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Hodges praises Ramadan Sobhi’s defensive effort
After Monday’s 2-1 defeat against West Bromwich Albion, Hodges spoke about first team players Ramadan Sobhi, Charlie Adam and Marc Muniesa who were involved with his side.
The trio, who has been struggling to secure their spot with the first team, played the full 90 minutes on Monday.
Hodges highlighted the professionalism of the trio in playing with the younger side and helping them on and off the field. He also noted how the experience with the U-23 side would keep the trio’s fitness at a high standard so that they can get called up by Mark Hughes in the Premier League.
“They’re Premier League players and good footballers. Their personalities are fantastic in the dressing room and on the pitch,” Hodges told Stoke City official website.
The 53-year-old coach also discussed how Sobhi, who assisted his side’s only goal of the game, is still adapting to the style of play in the Premier League. However, Hodges also stressed that the ability of the Egypt international to track back and defend sets a good example for the younger players.
“You can see that Ramadan is quite new to it but the shift he puts in when he’s tracking back and defending really sets an example.
“If playing at this level is good enough for these players to get game time and stay fit then it’s certainly good for our young guys to look up to them and do it as well,” Hodges added.
Stoke City sit 19th with two points after six games. They are scheduled to face Manchester United on Sunday.