Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Pitso Mosimane warns Zamalek of his side’s strength at home
After the match Mosimane praised his striker Anthony Laffor after giving him an opportunity to start but also expressed his frustration at the Liberian international’s inconsistency.
He said, “I always ask Anthony Laffor: ‘Why can’t you be in the starting line-up? I mean‚ you’ve got so much speed and technique”.
He added, “He’s such a good football player – why should he be coming from the bench. But‚ somewhere‚ somehow you play him in the first XI from the start of the game‚ and you don’t get much. I end up substituting him after 45 minutes and then I’ve lost a sub. So he comes up at the right time”
Pitso added that he is never sure if the 31-year-old will turn up in the match or not saying, “No‚ it’s not easy. I don’t know if today‚ ‘Are you playing or are you not going to play’.”
The second leg will be held on 20th October will be played in Egypt.