Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Pitso Mosimane warns Zamalek of his side’s strength at home
After the match Mosimane praised his striker Anthony Laffor after giving him an opportunity to start but also expressed his frustration at the Liberian international’s inconsistency.
He said, “I always ask Anthony Laffor: ‘Why can’t you be in the starting line-up? I mean‚ you’ve got so much speed and technique”.
He added, “He’s such a good football player – why should he be coming from the bench. But‚ somewhere‚ somehow you play him in the first XI from the start of the game‚ and you don’t get much. I end up substituting him after 45 minutes and then I’ve lost a sub. So he comes up at the right time”
Pitso added that he is never sure if the 31-year-old will turn up in the match or not saying, “No‚ it’s not easy. I don’t know if today‚ ‘Are you playing or are you not going to play’.”
The second leg will be held on 20th October will be played in Egypt.