Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
Pitso Mosimane warns Zamalek of his side’s strength at home
After the match Mosimane praised his striker Anthony Laffor after giving him an opportunity to start but also expressed his frustration at the Liberian international’s inconsistency.
He said, “I always ask Anthony Laffor: ‘Why can’t you be in the starting line-up? I mean‚ you’ve got so much speed and technique”.
He added, “He’s such a good football player – why should he be coming from the bench. But‚ somewhere‚ somehow you play him in the first XI from the start of the game‚ and you don’t get much. I end up substituting him after 45 minutes and then I’ve lost a sub. So he comes up at the right time”
Pitso added that he is never sure if the 31-year-old will turn up in the match or not saying, “No‚ it’s not easy. I don’t know if today‚ ‘Are you playing or are you not going to play’.”
Mamelodi Sundowns FC will face Zamalek in a two legged final of the CAF Champions League, with the first game being on the 13th October at Sundowns’ Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria, South Africa.
The second leg will be held on 20th October will be played in Egypt.