Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Pitso Mosimane warns Zamalek of his side’s strength at home
After the match Mosimane praised his striker Anthony Laffor after giving him an opportunity to start but also expressed his frustration at the Liberian international’s inconsistency.
He said, “I always ask Anthony Laffor: ‘Why can’t you be in the starting line-up? I mean‚ you’ve got so much speed and technique”.
He added, “He’s such a good football player – why should he be coming from the bench. But‚ somewhere‚ somehow you play him in the first XI from the start of the game‚ and you don’t get much. I end up substituting him after 45 minutes and then I’ve lost a sub. So he comes up at the right time”
Pitso added that he is never sure if the 31-year-old will turn up in the match or not saying, “No‚ it’s not easy. I don’t know if today‚ ‘Are you playing or are you not going to play’.”
Mamelodi Sundowns FC will face Zamalek in a two legged final of the CAF Champions League, with the first game being on the 13th October at Sundowns’ Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria, South Africa.
The second leg will be held on 20th October will be played in Egypt.