The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Ramadan Sobhi assists in Stoke City U-23 defeat at West Bromwich Albion
After an impressive performance in his first start with Stoke City in a 1-2 league cup defeat against Hull City in midweek, Sobhi was excluded from the team that drew at home with West Bromwich Albion last Saturday.
However, the Egyptian winger was called up by Stoke U-23 manager Glyn Hodges to the game alongside first team players Charlie Adam and Marc Muniesa.
Ramadan made his mark just 11 minutes into the first half; the Egyptian played in a great cross that was met by Ngoy, who managed to score at the second attempt.
West Bromwich equalised in the 64th minute though Saido Berahino, who was released by an accurate pass from midfield before finishing well.
The Baggies then completed their comeback two minutes later, when Chris Brunt converted a free-kick from the edge of the area to give his side the victory.
It worth a mention that Stoke City’s senior team will travel to Old Trafford – home of Manchester United – on Saturday, as they look to collect their first win of the season.