Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
Sam Morsy makes his full debut in Barnsley draw with Aston Villa
Photo: Barnsley FC
After making his first appearance for Egypt and mini debut for Barnsley as a sub, the former Chesterfield captain made his full debut and played 66 minutes as Barnsley drew Aston Villa 1-1.
The first chance of the game came in the 9th minute when Hourihanes cross from a free kick was dealt with by the Villa defense. Barnsley then won a series of corners, but all were cleared by Aston Villa.
In the 33rd minute, Sam Morsy received a yellow card after bringing down Adomah in the center of the field. After many set pieces, the first half ended 0-0.
In the 62nd minute, Jordan Ayew scored Aston Villa’s goal from a shot inside the box. There was a double substitution in the 66th minute as Sam Morsy and Tom Bradshaw made way for Adam Armstrong and Sam Winnall.
Barnsley made their last change in the 72nd minute with Marley Watkins coming off for Adam Hammill. In the 90th minute Sam Winnall headed home the tying goal for Barnsley.
This result leaves Barnsley in 10th place with 16 points in the Championship. Their next game is away at Leeds United on Saturday.