Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Sam Morsy makes his full debut in Barnsley draw with Aston Villa
Photo: Barnsley FC
After making his first appearance for Egypt and mini debut for Barnsley as a sub, the former Chesterfield captain made his full debut and played 66 minutes as Barnsley drew Aston Villa 1-1.
The first chance of the game came in the 9th minute when Hourihanes cross from a free kick was dealt with by the Villa defense. Barnsley then won a series of corners, but all were cleared by Aston Villa.
In the 33rd minute, Sam Morsy received a yellow card after bringing down Adomah in the center of the field. After many set pieces, the first half ended 0-0.
In the 62nd minute, Jordan Ayew scored Aston Villa’s goal from a shot inside the box. There was a double substitution in the 66th minute as Sam Morsy and Tom Bradshaw made way for Adam Armstrong and Sam Winnall.
Barnsley made their last change in the 72nd minute with Marley Watkins coming off for Adam Hammill. In the 90th minute Sam Winnall headed home the tying goal for Barnsley.
This result leaves Barnsley in 10th place with 16 points in the Championship. Their next game is away at Leeds United on Saturday.