Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
Sam Morsy makes his full debut in Barnsley draw with Aston Villa
Photo: Barnsley FC
Egypt international Sam Morsy made his full debut with Barnsley against Aston Villa as his side split the points with the Villains.
After making his first appearance for Egypt and mini debut for Barnsley as a sub, the former Chesterfield captain made his full debut and played 66 minutes as Barnsley drew Aston Villa 1-1.
The first chance of the game came in the 9th minute when Hourihanes cross from a free kick was dealt with by the Villa defense. Barnsley then won a series of corners, but all were cleared by Aston Villa.
In the 33rd minute, Sam Morsy received a yellow card after bringing down Adomah in the center of the field. After many set pieces, the first half ended 0-0.
In the 62nd minute, Jordan Ayew scored Aston Villa’s goal from a shot inside the box. There was a double substitution in the 66th minute as Sam Morsy and Tom Bradshaw made way for Adam Armstrong and Sam Winnall.
Barnsley made their last change in the 72nd minute with Marley Watkins coming off for Adam Hammill. In the 90th minute Sam Winnall headed home the tying goal for Barnsley.
This result leaves Barnsley in 10th place with 16 points in the Championship. Their next game is away at Leeds United on Saturday.