Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Sam Morsy makes his full debut in Barnsley draw with Aston Villa
Photo: Barnsley FC
After making his first appearance for Egypt and mini debut for Barnsley as a sub, the former Chesterfield captain made his full debut and played 66 minutes as Barnsley drew Aston Villa 1-1.
The first chance of the game came in the 9th minute when Hourihanes cross from a free kick was dealt with by the Villa defense. Barnsley then won a series of corners, but all were cleared by Aston Villa.
In the 33rd minute, Sam Morsy received a yellow card after bringing down Adomah in the center of the field. After many set pieces, the first half ended 0-0.
In the 62nd minute, Jordan Ayew scored Aston Villa’s goal from a shot inside the box. There was a double substitution in the 66th minute as Sam Morsy and Tom Bradshaw made way for Adam Armstrong and Sam Winnall.
Barnsley made their last change in the 72nd minute with Marley Watkins coming off for Adam Hammill. In the 90th minute Sam Winnall headed home the tying goal for Barnsley.
This result leaves Barnsley in 10th place with 16 points in the Championship. Their next game is away at Leeds United on Saturday.