Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Sam Morsy makes his full debut in Barnsley draw with Aston Villa
Photo: Barnsley FC
Egypt international Sam Morsy made his full debut with Barnsley against Aston Villa as his side split the points with the Villains.
After making his first appearance for Egypt and mini debut for Barnsley as a sub, the former Chesterfield captain made his full debut and played 66 minutes as Barnsley drew Aston Villa 1-1.
The first chance of the game came in the 9th minute when Hourihanes cross from a free kick was dealt with by the Villa defense. Barnsley then won a series of corners, but all were cleared by Aston Villa.
In the 33rd minute, Sam Morsy received a yellow card after bringing down Adomah in the center of the field. After many set pieces, the first half ended 0-0.
In the 62nd minute, Jordan Ayew scored Aston Villa’s goal from a shot inside the box. There was a double substitution in the 66th minute as Sam Morsy and Tom Bradshaw made way for Adam Armstrong and Sam Winnall.
Barnsley made their last change in the 72nd minute with Marley Watkins coming off for Adam Hammill. In the 90th minute Sam Winnall headed home the tying goal for Barnsley.
This result leaves Barnsley in 10th place with 16 points in the Championship. Their next game is away at Leeds United on Saturday.