Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Seeding for 2017 Africa Cup of Nations group stage draw announced
CAF has released the official seeding for the group stage draw of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, to be held in Gabon.
Previously, the African football governing body only considered the 3 preceding AFCON performances. This time, CAF determined the rankings by considering performance in the AFCON qualifiers (2012, 2013, 2015), FIFA World Cup 2014 and the qualifiers for FIFA World Cup 2014 as well.
Consequently, tournament favourites, Algeria landed in pot one; alongside Gabon, Ivory Coast and Ghana. The hosts, Gabon, will be automatically drawn into group A. Defending champions, Ivory Coast will be drawn into group C.
Pot two has perennial qualifiers Tunisia. Joining them in this pot are Mali, Burkina Faso and DR Congo.
Three former Africa Cup of Nations champions are in pot three, including Egypt. The others are Cameroon and Morocco. One of the tournament favorites, Senegal is also in pot three.
Uganda, Togo, Zimbabwe and Guinea-Bissau make up the final pot. None of the teams in pot four featured in the previous Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
— We Global Football (@We_Global) September 27, 2016
The draw for the group stage will be held on 19th October, 2016 in Libreville, Gabon.