Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy doubtful for Egypt camp after suffering injury
Egypt left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is a doubt for Egypt’s clash against Congo in early October after an injury setback at club side Ahli Jeddah.
Saudi side Al Ahli Jeddah have revealed that Abdel-Shafy missed the club’s Crown Prince Cup tie, which saw Ahli beat Al Faisaly 2-1 on Tuesday, due to injury.
Abdel-Shafy suffered an injury setback during training on the Monday before the cup tie, according to the club.
The 31-year-old suffered a tendon injury and is now a doubt for Egypt’s clash with Congo in the first round of the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers. Ahli Jeddah stated on their website that the defender will rest for three days. The rest of the squad is also to resume training after these three days.
Abdel-Shafy’s last match with Al Ahli was the Jeddah Derby which ended in a draw. His team are currently ranked fifth in the Saudi Pro League.