Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy doubtful for Egypt camp after suffering injury
Saudi side Al Ahli Jeddah have revealed that Abdel-Shafy missed the club’s Crown Prince Cup tie, which saw Ahli beat Al Faisaly 2-1 on Tuesday, due to injury.
Abdel-Shafy suffered an injury setback during training on the Monday before the cup tie, according to the club.
The 31-year-old suffered a tendon injury and is now a doubt for Egypt’s clash with Congo in the first round of the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers. Ahli Jeddah stated on their website that the defender will rest for three days. The rest of the squad is also to resume training after these three days.
Abdel-Shafy’s last match with Al Ahli was the Jeddah Derby which ended in a draw. His team are currently ranked fifth in the Saudi Pro League.