Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy doubtful for Egypt camp after suffering injury
Egypt left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is a doubt for Egypt’s clash against Congo in early October after an injury setback at club side Ahli Jeddah.
Saudi side Al Ahli Jeddah have revealed that Abdel-Shafy missed the club’s Crown Prince Cup tie, which saw Ahli beat Al Faisaly 2-1 on Tuesday, due to injury.
Abdel-Shafy suffered an injury setback during training on the Monday before the cup tie, according to the club.
The 31-year-old suffered a tendon injury and is now a doubt for Egypt’s clash with Congo in the first round of the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers. Ahli Jeddah stated on their website that the defender will rest for three days. The rest of the squad is also to resume training after these three days.
Abdel-Shafy’s last match with Al Ahli was the Jeddah Derby which ended in a draw. His team are currently ranked fifth in the Saudi Pro League.