Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy doubtful for Egypt camp after suffering injury
Egypt left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy is a doubt for Egypt’s clash against Congo in early October after an injury setback at club side Ahli Jeddah.
Saudi side Al Ahli Jeddah have revealed that Abdel-Shafy missed the club’s Crown Prince Cup tie, which saw Ahli beat Al Faisaly 2-1 on Tuesday, due to injury.
Abdel-Shafy suffered an injury setback during training on the Monday before the cup tie, according to the club.
The 31-year-old suffered a tendon injury and is now a doubt for Egypt’s clash with Congo in the first round of the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifiers. Ahli Jeddah stated on their website that the defender will rest for three days. The rest of the squad is also to resume training after these three days.
Abdel-Shafy’s last match with Al Ahli was the Jeddah Derby which ended in a draw. His team are currently ranked fifth in the Saudi Pro League.