Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Handball: Al Ahly, Zamalek in separate groups in Champions League draw
The 38th edition of the African tournament will take place between 21 and 30 October at Burkina Faso.
During the draw that was held on Wednesday, titleholders Zamalek were drawn in group B alongside Widad Smara of Morocco, Cameroon’s FAP Yanoude, JSK of DR Congo and Burkina Faso’s AS Douane.
Egypt’s other representative Al Ahly will have to play against Esperance Sportive de Tunis, Caiman of Congo, Rwanda’s Police HBC and MINUH of Cameroon in group A.
Zamalek will be looking forward to defend the title that they won last year in Morocco after beating Club Africain in the final. Al Ahly, whose last title was in 2012, will be hoping to be crowned as African champions for the fifth time in their history.