Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Basketball: Egypt’s Assem Marei makes Bundesliga debut
Marei, who started his career at Zamalek, joined the German side last summer, after spending one season with Lithuania’s BC Šiauliai.
Medi Bayreuth kicked off their Bundesliga campaign with a defeat against Ratiopharm Ulm in a game that saw Marei’s first appearance with the club. The 24-year-old played for 15 minutes, recording eight points and three rebounds.
The game headed to extra time as the score was tied at 81-81 at the end of regulation time. Ratiopharm emerged victorious at the end on a scoreline of 95-87.