Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Basketball: Egypt’s Assem Marei makes Bundesliga debut
Marei, who started his career at Zamalek, joined the German side last summer, after spending one season with Lithuania’s BC Šiauliai.
Medi Bayreuth kicked off their Bundesliga campaign with a defeat against Ratiopharm Ulm in a game that saw Marei’s first appearance with the club. The 24-year-old played for 15 minutes, recording eight points and three rebounds.
The game headed to extra time as the score was tied at 81-81 at the end of regulation time. Ratiopharm emerged victorious at the end on a scoreline of 95-87.