Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
FIFA president Gianni Infantino arrives in Egypt
Infantino was elected as FIFA president in February of the current year after going head-to-head with Asian Football Federation president Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa of Bahrain, receiving the majority of votes.
The president of football’s governing body was welcomed in Cairo airport by Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz, CAF president Issa Hayatou and Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Hany Abou-Rida.
Infantino had a meeting with Abdel-Aziz and Abou Rida, but the main motive behind the 46-year-old Swiss-Italian’s visit to Egypt is to attend CAF’s general assembly meeting on Thursday.
The former UEFA General Secretary is also set to visit the EFA HQ on Thursday to congratulate the newly elected board.