Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
FIFA president Gianni Infantino arrives in Egypt
Infantino was elected as FIFA president in February of the current year after going head-to-head with Asian Football Federation president Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa of Bahrain, receiving the majority of votes.
The president of football’s governing body was welcomed in Cairo airport by Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz, CAF president Issa Hayatou and Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Hany Abou-Rida.
Infantino had a meeting with Abdel-Aziz and Abou Rida, but the main motive behind the 46-year-old Swiss-Italian’s visit to Egypt is to attend CAF’s general assembly meeting on Thursday.
The former UEFA General Secretary is also set to visit the EFA HQ on Thursday to congratulate the newly elected board.