Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
FIFA president Gianni Infantino arrives in Egypt
Infantino was elected as FIFA president in February of the current year after going head-to-head with Asian Football Federation president Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa of Bahrain, receiving the majority of votes.
The president of football’s governing body was welcomed in Cairo airport by Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz, CAF president Issa Hayatou and Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Hany Abou-Rida.
Infantino had a meeting with Abdel-Aziz and Abou Rida, but the main motive behind the 46-year-old Swiss-Italian’s visit to Egypt is to attend CAF’s general assembly meeting on Thursday.
The former UEFA General Secretary is also set to visit the EFA HQ on Thursday to congratulate the newly elected board.