Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
FIFA president Gianni Infantino arrives in Egypt
Infantino was elected as FIFA president in February of the current year after going head-to-head with Asian Football Federation president Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa of Bahrain, receiving the majority of votes.
The president of football’s governing body was welcomed in Cairo airport by Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz, CAF president Issa Hayatou and Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Hany Abou-Rida.
Infantino had a meeting with Abdel-Aziz and Abou Rida, but the main motive behind the 46-year-old Swiss-Italian’s visit to Egypt is to attend CAF’s general assembly meeting on Thursday.
The former UEFA General Secretary is also set to visit the EFA HQ on Thursday to congratulate the newly elected board.