Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
FIFA president Gianni Infantino arrives in Egypt
Infantino was elected as FIFA president in February of the current year after going head-to-head with Asian Football Federation president Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa of Bahrain, receiving the majority of votes.
The president of football’s governing body was welcomed in Cairo airport by Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz, CAF president Issa Hayatou and Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Hany Abou-Rida.
Infantino had a meeting with Abdel-Aziz and Abou Rida, but the main motive behind the 46-year-old Swiss-Italian’s visit to Egypt is to attend CAF’s general assembly meeting on Thursday.
The former UEFA General Secretary is also set to visit the EFA HQ on Thursday to congratulate the newly elected board.