Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Adam El-Abd thinks it’s understandable to hear fans booing their team
Shrewsbury Town skipper Adam El-Abd has talked about fans’ frustration of the team’s recent results and how it’s normal to hear them booing.
Shrewsbury Town have drawn against Peterborough at home in the New Meadow stadium among fans who voiced their dissatisfaction with the club’s recent results that put them in 22nd place.
El-Abd missed the previous 1-1 draw against AFC Wimbledon due to his suspension in Shrewsbury’s 1-0 loss to Scunthorpe United.
“It is normal for players to hear boos,” said El-Abd
“Obviously the frustration from last season, they want us to do better but it’s a new team and we’re being encouraged to play football.”
The ex-Brighton man joined Shrewsbury Town this summer after terminating his contract with Bristol City and is looking to improve their League One position under Micky Mellon’s helm. Shrewsbury are set to face Swindon Town at home this Saturday and are looking for an improvement in results.