Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Adam El-Abd thinks it’s understandable to hear fans booing their team
Shrewsbury Town skipper Adam El-Abd has talked about fans’ frustration of the team’s recent results and how it’s normal to hear them booing.
Shrewsbury Town have drawn against Peterborough at home in the New Meadow stadium among fans who voiced their dissatisfaction with the club’s recent results that put them in 22nd place.
El-Abd missed the previous 1-1 draw against AFC Wimbledon due to his suspension in Shrewsbury’s 1-0 loss to Scunthorpe United.
“It is normal for players to hear boos,” said El-Abd
“Obviously the frustration from last season, they want us to do better but it’s a new team and we’re being encouraged to play football.”
The ex-Brighton man joined Shrewsbury Town this summer after terminating his contract with Bristol City and is looking to improve their League One position under Micky Mellon’s helm. Shrewsbury are set to face Swindon Town at home this Saturday and are looking for an improvement in results.