Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Adam El-Abd thinks it’s understandable to hear fans booing their team
Shrewsbury Town skipper Adam El-Abd has talked about fans’ frustration of the team’s recent results and how it’s normal to hear them booing.
Shrewsbury Town have drawn against Peterborough at home in the New Meadow stadium among fans who voiced their dissatisfaction with the club’s recent results that put them in 22nd place.
El-Abd missed the previous 1-1 draw against AFC Wimbledon due to his suspension in Shrewsbury’s 1-0 loss to Scunthorpe United.
“It is normal for players to hear boos,” said El-Abd
“Obviously the frustration from last season, they want us to do better but it’s a new team and we’re being encouraged to play football.”
The ex-Brighton man joined Shrewsbury Town this summer after terminating his contract with Bristol City and is looking to improve their League One position under Micky Mellon’s helm. Shrewsbury are set to face Swindon Town at home this Saturday and are looking for an improvement in results.