KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
CAF notifies Zamalek of new Champions League final dates
The CAF have previously set preliminary dates for the final to be held on any of 14,15,16 October for the first leg while 21,22,23 of the same month are set for the second leg. The two teams in the final get to choose the most suitable for them of those dates.
Zamalek were notified of the final dates, with the first leg being on Saturday 15th of October in Johannesburg and the second leg held in Egypt is set for 23rd of October. Whether the match will be held in Cairo Stadium or Borg El-Arab is still to be decided.
The White Knights have reached the final after beating Wydad Casablanca in an entertaining affair where the aggregate score was 6-5 for the Egyptians.
It’s worth noting that Zamalek wanted the dates to be as late as possible to allow their players to rest from national team duty as eight Zamalek players have been called up for the away trip to Brazzaville on October 9. This will be Egypt’s first match in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifiers against Congo.