Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
CAF notifies Zamalek of new Champions League final dates
The CAF have notified Champions League finalists Zamalek and Mamelodi Sundowns of the official dates for the two-legged final.
The CAF have previously set preliminary dates for the final to be held on any of 14,15,16 October for the first leg while 21,22,23 of the same month are set for the second leg. The two teams in the final get to choose the most suitable for them of those dates.
Zamalek were notified of the final dates, with the first leg being on Saturday 15th of October in Johannesburg and the second leg held in Egypt is set for 23rd of October. Whether the match will be held in Cairo Stadium or Borg El-Arab is still to be decided.
The White Knights have reached the final after beating Wydad Casablanca in an entertaining affair where the aggregate score was 6-5 for the Egyptians.
It’s worth noting that Zamalek wanted the dates to be as late as possible to allow their players to rest from national team duty as eight Zamalek players have been called up for the away trip to Brazzaville on October 9. This will be Egypt’s first match in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifiers against Congo.