The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
CAF notifies Zamalek of new Champions League final dates
The CAF have notified Champions League finalists Zamalek and Mamelodi Sundowns of the official dates for the two-legged final.
The CAF have previously set preliminary dates for the final to be held on any of 14,15,16 October for the first leg while 21,22,23 of the same month are set for the second leg. The two teams in the final get to choose the most suitable for them of those dates.
Zamalek were notified of the final dates, with the first leg being on Saturday 15th of October in Johannesburg and the second leg held in Egypt is set for 23rd of October. Whether the match will be held in Cairo Stadium or Borg El-Arab is still to be decided.
The White Knights have reached the final after beating Wydad Casablanca in an entertaining affair where the aggregate score was 6-5 for the Egyptians.
It’s worth noting that Zamalek wanted the dates to be as late as possible to allow their players to rest from national team duty as eight Zamalek players have been called up for the away trip to Brazzaville on October 9. This will be Egypt’s first match in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia qualifiers against Congo.