Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Elneny comes off bench in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Basel
The Gunners defeated the Swiss champions to secure their first win in this seasons’ Champions League campaign. They remain level on points with their direct group rivals PSG at the top of Group A, after the French side beat Ludogorets 3-1.
Arsenal entered the game quickly and started dominating and forcing their style of play in the early minutes of the game. The Gunners needed only seven minutes to score their first goal as Theo Walcott headed home after a fine cross from Alexis Sanchez.
Walcott doubled his side’s lead midway through the first half, as he made it 2-0 in the 26th minute after another assist from Alexis.
The hosts continued to dominate and kept Basel inside their own half of the field. The Gunners created several other scoring chances throughout the game but Basel keeper Tomas Vaclik kept the scoreline at 2-0 after denying Hector Bellerin, Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.
Former Basel star Elneny came on as a late substitute in the 70th minute to replace Alex Iwobi. The Egypt international helped his side maintain a clean sheet as the game ended 2-0 in their favour.
Arsenal will seek to maintain their good form when they face Burnley in the Premier League on Sunday.