Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Luciano Spalletti praises Francesco Totti, Mohamed Salah
Luciano Spalletti was pleased with his side’s 4-0 win over Astra Giurgiu, in Roma’s second group stage match in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League.
Roma now lead their group with four points, after their draw with Viktoria Plzen in the first round.
Strootman, Fazio and Salah were all on target during the match.
The Italian highlighted Salah’s performance, as well as that of captain and club legend Francesco Totti: “We tried playing Salah close to Totti, to keep the ball deeper and we scored,” he enthused.
Spalletti stressed that Totti’s pass to Salah for the goal was something that they were looking for, and it was addressed in training.
“It’s no coincidence that Totti played that ball to Salah, it’s something we were looking for.:
The Egyptian international added his name to the scoresheet just two minutes before he got substituted by Nainggolan.
The Italian side’s next European destination is a trip to Austria Wien, one that will have significant bearing on both teams’ bid to win Group E.