Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Luciano Spalletti praises Francesco Totti, Mohamed Salah
Luciano Spalletti was pleased with his side’s 4-0 win over Astra Giurgiu, in Roma’s second group stage match in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League.
Roma now lead their group with four points, after their draw with Viktoria Plzen in the first round.
Strootman, Fazio and Salah were all on target during the match.
The Italian highlighted Salah’s performance, as well as that of captain and club legend Francesco Totti: “We tried playing Salah close to Totti, to keep the ball deeper and we scored,” he enthused.
Spalletti stressed that Totti’s pass to Salah for the goal was something that they were looking for, and it was addressed in training.
“It’s no coincidence that Totti played that ball to Salah, it’s something we were looking for.:
The Egyptian international added his name to the scoresheet just two minutes before he got substituted by Nainggolan.
The Italian side’s next European destination is a trip to Austria Wien, one that will have significant bearing on both teams’ bid to win Group E.