Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Luciano Spalletti praises Francesco Totti, Mohamed Salah
Luciano Spalletti was pleased with his side’s 4-0 win over Astra Giurgiu, in Roma’s second group stage match in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League.
Roma now lead their group with four points, after their draw with Viktoria Plzen in the first round.
Strootman, Fazio and Salah were all on target during the match.
The Italian highlighted Salah’s performance, as well as that of captain and club legend Francesco Totti: “We tried playing Salah close to Totti, to keep the ball deeper and we scored,” he enthused.
Spalletti stressed that Totti’s pass to Salah for the goal was something that they were looking for, and it was addressed in training.
“It’s no coincidence that Totti played that ball to Salah, it’s something we were looking for.:
The Egyptian international added his name to the scoresheet just two minutes before he got substituted by Nainggolan.
The Italian side’s next European destination is a trip to Austria Wien, one that will have significant bearing on both teams’ bid to win Group E.