Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
Luciano Spalletti praises Francesco Totti, Mohamed Salah
Luciano Spalletti was pleased with his side’s 4-0 win over Astra Giurgiu, in Roma’s second group stage match in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League.
Roma now lead their group with four points, after their draw with Viktoria Plzen in the first round.
Strootman, Fazio and Salah were all on target during the match.
The Italian highlighted Salah’s performance, as well as that of captain and club legend Francesco Totti: “We tried playing Salah close to Totti, to keep the ball deeper and we scored,” he enthused.
Spalletti stressed that Totti’s pass to Salah for the goal was something that they were looking for, and it was addressed in training.
“It’s no coincidence that Totti played that ball to Salah, it’s something we were looking for.:
The Egyptian international added his name to the scoresheet just two minutes before he got substituted by Nainggolan.
The Italian side’s next European destination is a trip to Austria Wien, one that will have significant bearing on both teams’ bid to win Group E.