KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Luciano Spalletti praises Francesco Totti, Mohamed Salah
Luciano Spalletti was pleased with his side’s 4-0 win over Astra Giurgiu, in Roma’s second group stage match in the 2016/17 UEFA Europa League.
Roma now lead their group with four points, after their draw with Viktoria Plzen in the first round.
Strootman, Fazio and Salah were all on target during the match.
The Italian highlighted Salah’s performance, as well as that of captain and club legend Francesco Totti: “We tried playing Salah close to Totti, to keep the ball deeper and we scored,” he enthused.
Spalletti stressed that Totti’s pass to Salah for the goal was something that they were looking for, and it was addressed in training.
“It’s no coincidence that Totti played that ball to Salah, it’s something we were looking for.:
The Egyptian international added his name to the scoresheet just two minutes before he got substituted by Nainggolan.
The Italian side’s next European destination is a trip to Austria Wien, one that will have significant bearing on both teams’ bid to win Group E.