Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Salah scores as Roma cruise past Astra Giurgiu
The first real chance of the game came in the 4th minute when the away side caught Roma on the break but Roma’s Alisson Becker quickly managed to recover.
19 minutes on the clock and Roma find their first goal-scoring opportunity from a set-piece that wasn’t far off the edge of the box. Totti’d cross from the direct free-kick found Kevin Strootman at the far post who poked the ball to open the scoring for Roma.
Roma applied more pressure on the opposition, creating chances after long possession stints when Mohamed Salah found himself one-on-one with Astra’s Silvio Lung after an astonishing back heel pass from Francesco Totti to force a brilliant save from Lung.
Just before the half-time whistle Roma got another free-kick from a similar distsnce to their first chance that led to a goal. Francesco Totti decided to fire a thunderous shot that hit the crossbar and eventually found Federico Fazio’s rebound header among many players to score Roma’s second goal of the night. This is the Argentine’s first goal in Roma colours.
Not long after the second half kick-off, Diego Perotti’s cross to Mohamed Salah met Astra’s Fabricio Silva who attempted to intercept the cross but scored an own goal instead to make matters worse for the Romanian side.
Five minutes before the hour-mark Totti’s brilliant chipped through-ball set Mohamed Salah through on goal who successfully converted the chance into Roma’s fourth goal with a delightful half-volley touch.
Roma face Inter Milan on Sunday and look to go back to winning ways after a heavy 3-1 defeat from Torino.