Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Alexander Jakobsen features as Bodø/Glimt seal comeback victory
Egypt-eligible Alexander Jakobsen played 76 minutes in Bodø/Glimt’s 4-2 victory over Stroemsgodset IF on Friday night, in the Norweigan Tippeligaen.
The visitors took the lead towards the end of the first half, when Tommy Hoeiland scored in the 34th minute to silence the home supporters at the Aspmyra Stadion.
Hoeiland then compounded the hosts’ woes just three minutes after the break, as he doubled Stroemsgodset’s advantage.
Ole Joergen Halvorsen reduced the deficit in the 54th minute, as he converted coolly from the spot.
Bodø/Glimt were back on level terms four minutes later, with Fitim Azemi adding his name to the scoresheet.
Jakobsen was then substituted off of the field, seconds before Martin Bjoernbak sealed his team’s comeback, as the stadium erupted.
With eight minutes to go, Sascha Mockenhaupt rubbed salt into his opponents’ wounds, as he added a fourth goal to make the points safe.
The win sees Bodø/Glimt move three points clear of the relegation zone, although the cushion could be reduced after the conclusion of the current round of matches.