After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Aly Ghazal features as CD Nacional suffer heavy defeat
After a slow start to the season, Nacional had managed to secure two successive victories.
Their winning streak was cut short against Porto on Saturday, however.
Porto needed only 11 minutes as to take the lead, courtesy of Diogo Jota; the Portuguese played a one-two pass with Hector Herrera before slotting in the bottom corner.
In the 38th minute, Jota scored his second goal to double his team’s advantage.
He then completed his hattrick one minute before the end of the first half, heading Layun’s cross into an empty net.
Ghazal’s frustrating night came to an end as he was replaced by Jota – not to be confused with Porto’s striker – at the start of the second half.
Andre Silva finished from close range to score the visitors’ fourth goal 13 minutes later, to seal a massive win for the title challengers.
The hosts were forced to play the last two minutes with 10 men, after Tobias Figueriedo was sent off for a second booking in the 88th minute.
As a result of the loss, Nacional have dropped to the 14th place with six points.