Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Aly Ghazal features as CD Nacional suffer heavy defeat
After a slow start to the season, Nacional had managed to secure two successive victories.
Their winning streak was cut short against Porto on Saturday, however.
Porto needed only 11 minutes as to take the lead, courtesy of Diogo Jota; the Portuguese played a one-two pass with Hector Herrera before slotting in the bottom corner.
In the 38th minute, Jota scored his second goal to double his team’s advantage.
He then completed his hattrick one minute before the end of the first half, heading Layun’s cross into an empty net.
Ghazal’s frustrating night came to an end as he was replaced by Jota – not to be confused with Porto’s striker – at the start of the second half.
Andre Silva finished from close range to score the visitors’ fourth goal 13 minutes later, to seal a massive win for the title challengers.
The hosts were forced to play the last two minutes with 10 men, after Tobias Figueriedo was sent off for a second booking in the 88th minute.
As a result of the loss, Nacional have dropped to the 14th place with six points.