Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Zamalek fined $15,000 by CAF for Enyimba match rescheduling
CAF has hit Zamalek with a USD 15,000 penalty for rescheduling their Champions League match against Enyimba, KingFut can confirm.
The 2016 CAF Champions League Group B match between Zamalek and Enyimba was supposed to take place on Sunday, August 14.
However, the date was changed twice, finally settling on Monday, August 15.
Consequently, the Nigerian team spent more time in Egypt, and CAF has ordered Zamalek to pay for the additional expenses incurred by the away team.
The Egyptian side sealed the win courtsey of a Bassem Morsy goal, as they sealed progression to the semi-finals.
It is worth mentioning that the Cairo giants have reached the final of the competition after a thrilling 6-5 win on aggregate against Wydad Casablanca.
The Whites are due to face South African outfit Mamelodi Sundowns, with the return leg to be played in Egypt. CAF have set October 23 as the date for the match, and Zamalek have been sent a reminder to propose a venue and kick-off time.