Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Zamalek fined $15,000 by CAF for Enyimba match rescheduling
The 2016 CAF Champions League Group B match between Zamalek and Enyimba was supposed to take place on Sunday, August 14.
However, the date was changed twice, finally settling on Monday, August 15.
Consequently, the Nigerian team spent more time in Egypt, and CAF has ordered Zamalek to pay for the additional expenses incurred by the away team.
The Egyptian side sealed the win courtsey of a Bassem Morsy goal, as they sealed progression to the semi-finals.
It is worth mentioning that the Cairo giants have reached the final of the competition after a thrilling 6-5 win on aggregate against Wydad Casablanca.
The Whites are due to face South African outfit Mamelodi Sundowns, with the return leg to be played in Egypt. CAF have set October 23 as the date for the match, and Zamalek have been sent a reminder to propose a venue and kick-off time.