Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Zamalek fined $15,000 by CAF for Enyimba match rescheduling
CAF has hit Zamalek with a USD 15,000 penalty for rescheduling their Champions League match against Enyimba, KingFut can confirm.
The 2016 CAF Champions League Group B match between Zamalek and Enyimba was supposed to take place on Sunday, August 14.
However, the date was changed twice, finally settling on Monday, August 15.
Consequently, the Nigerian team spent more time in Egypt, and CAF has ordered Zamalek to pay for the additional expenses incurred by the away team.
The Egyptian side sealed the win courtsey of a Bassem Morsy goal, as they sealed progression to the semi-finals.
It is worth mentioning that the Cairo giants have reached the final of the competition after a thrilling 6-5 win on aggregate against Wydad Casablanca.
The Whites are due to face South African outfit Mamelodi Sundowns, with the return leg to be played in Egypt. CAF have set October 23 as the date for the match, and Zamalek have been sent a reminder to propose a venue and kick-off time.