KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Zamalek fined $15,000 by CAF for Enyimba match rescheduling
The 2016 CAF Champions League Group B match between Zamalek and Enyimba was supposed to take place on Sunday, August 14.
However, the date was changed twice, finally settling on Monday, August 15.
Consequently, the Nigerian team spent more time in Egypt, and CAF has ordered Zamalek to pay for the additional expenses incurred by the away team.
The Egyptian side sealed the win courtsey of a Bassem Morsy goal, as they sealed progression to the semi-finals.
It is worth mentioning that the Cairo giants have reached the final of the competition after a thrilling 6-5 win on aggregate against Wydad Casablanca.
The Whites are due to face South African outfit Mamelodi Sundowns, with the return leg to be played in Egypt. CAF have set October 23 as the date for the match, and Zamalek have been sent a reminder to propose a venue and kick-off time.