Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Sanad’s La Rioja beats Montpellier and moves to top
Spanish Balonmano Ciudad de Logroño managed to earn the top spot in EHF Champions League Group C after defeating Montpellier 30:29 in a match that Egyptian Mohamed Sanad showed amazing performance with the Spanish side.
La Rioja snatched a hard win from Montpellier with a score of 30-29 in the match that was held in Palacio de los deportes de la Rioja in their first European rendezvous. This win helped La Rioja move to first place after gaining two points.
Mohamed Sanad, who joined the club in September coming from Hungarian side Sport 36 Lokmo on a two-year deal, had an important role in this match after adding seven goals to his team. The Egyptian left winger was joined by Montpellier’s Michael Guigou who also netted seven goals.
Sanad’s side was leading most of the game until Guigou made an equalizer in the 40th minute, La Rioja gained the lead again a minute later but Jota Gonzalez reacted quickly with another equalizer. After a helpful time out, Spanish side took the lead again and hold on to it until the end of the match.