Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Sanad’s La Rioja beats Montpellier and moves to top
Spanish Balonmano Ciudad de Logroño managed to earn the top spot in EHF Champions League Group C after defeating Montpellier 30:29 in a match that Egyptian Mohamed Sanad showed amazing performance with the Spanish side.
La Rioja snatched a hard win from Montpellier with a score of 30-29 in the match that was held in Palacio de los deportes de la Rioja in their first European rendezvous. This win helped La Rioja move to first place after gaining two points.
Mohamed Sanad, who joined the club in September coming from Hungarian side Sport 36 Lokmo on a two-year deal, had an important role in this match after adding seven goals to his team. The Egyptian left winger was joined by Montpellier’s Michael Guigou who also netted seven goals.
Sanad’s side was leading most of the game until Guigou made an equalizer in the 40th minute, La Rioja gained the lead again a minute later but Jota Gonzalez reacted quickly with another equalizer. After a helpful time out, Spanish side took the lead again and hold on to it until the end of the match.