Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Sanad’s La Rioja beats Montpellier and moves to top
Spanish Balonmano Ciudad de Logroño managed to earn the top spot in EHF Champions League Group C after defeating Montpellier 30:29 in a match that Egyptian Mohamed Sanad showed amazing performance with the Spanish side.
La Rioja snatched a hard win from Montpellier with a score of 30-29 in the match that was held in Palacio de los deportes de la Rioja in their first European rendezvous. This win helped La Rioja move to first place after gaining two points.
Mohamed Sanad, who joined the club in September coming from Hungarian side Sport 36 Lokmo on a two-year deal, had an important role in this match after adding seven goals to his team. The Egyptian left winger was joined by Montpellier’s Michael Guigou who also netted seven goals.
Sanad’s side was leading most of the game until Guigou made an equalizer in the 40th minute, La Rioja gained the lead again a minute later but Jota Gonzalez reacted quickly with another equalizer. After a helpful time out, Spanish side took the lead again and hold on to it until the end of the match.