Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Sanad’s La Rioja beats Montpellier and moves to top
Spanish Balonmano Ciudad de Logroño managed to earn the top spot in EHF Champions League Group C after defeating Montpellier 30:29 in a match that Egyptian Mohamed Sanad showed amazing performance with the Spanish side.
La Rioja snatched a hard win from Montpellier with a score of 30-29 in the match that was held in Palacio de los deportes de la Rioja in their first European rendezvous. This win helped La Rioja move to first place after gaining two points.
Mohamed Sanad, who joined the club in September coming from Hungarian side Sport 36 Lokmo on a two-year deal, had an important role in this match after adding seven goals to his team. The Egyptian left winger was joined by Montpellier’s Michael Guigou who also netted seven goals.
Sanad’s side was leading most of the game until Guigou made an equalizer in the 40th minute, La Rioja gained the lead again a minute later but Jota Gonzalez reacted quickly with another equalizer. After a helpful time out, Spanish side took the lead again and hold on to it until the end of the match.