ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Sanad’s La Rioja beats Montpellier and moves to top
Spanish Balonmano Ciudad de Logroño managed to earn the top spot in EHF Champions League Group C after defeating Montpellier 30:29 in a match that Egyptian Mohamed Sanad showed amazing performance with the Spanish side.
La Rioja snatched a hard win from Montpellier with a score of 30-29 in the match that was held in Palacio de los deportes de la Rioja in their first European rendezvous. This win helped La Rioja move to first place after gaining two points.
Mohamed Sanad, who joined the club in September coming from Hungarian side Sport 36 Lokmo on a two-year deal, had an important role in this match after adding seven goals to his team. The Egyptian left winger was joined by Montpellier’s Michael Guigou who also netted seven goals.
Sanad’s side was leading most of the game until Guigou made an equalizer in the 40th minute, La Rioja gained the lead again a minute later but Jota Gonzalez reacted quickly with another equalizer. After a helpful time out, Spanish side took the lead again and hold on to it until the end of the match.