Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Gross reappointed as Al Ahli manager after the sacking of Gomes
Al Ahli have decided to sack José Gomes after just spending three months with the Jeddah-based club where he won the Super Cup against Al-Hilal.
Gomes is being linked to his former post as Al-Taawon manager after managing them to a fourth place finish in the Saudi Professional League and a spot in the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history in 2014.
The Swiss manager, Christian Gross, was appointed as Ahli manager in 2014 and has been highly influential with the club after leading them to a domestic double last season with impressive performances that earned him massive praise.
The 62-year-old cited personal reasons as to why he wouldn’t renew his contract with Al Ahli. He advised the board to choose the Portuguese Gomes as a replacement due to his experience in the league.
Gross has formerly managed Tottenham Hotspur, Grasshoppers and FC Basel. He won the Swiss League six times, four of them with FC Basel. He also won the Saudi Professional League Coach of the Year in 2015.