Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Gross reappointed as Al Ahli manager after the sacking of Gomes
Al Ahli have decided to sack José Gomes after just spending three months with the Jeddah-based club where he won the Super Cup against Al-Hilal.
Gomes is being linked to his former post as Al-Taawon manager after managing them to a fourth place finish in the Saudi Professional League and a spot in the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history in 2014.
The Swiss manager, Christian Gross, was appointed as Ahli manager in 2014 and has been highly influential with the club after leading them to a domestic double last season with impressive performances that earned him massive praise.
The 62-year-old cited personal reasons as to why he wouldn’t renew his contract with Al Ahli. He advised the board to choose the Portuguese Gomes as a replacement due to his experience in the league.
Gross has formerly managed Tottenham Hotspur, Grasshoppers and FC Basel. He won the Swiss League six times, four of them with FC Basel. He also won the Saudi Professional League Coach of the Year in 2015.