The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Gross reappointed as Al Ahli manager after the sacking of Gomes
Al Ahli have decided to sack José Gomes after just spending three months with the Jeddah-based club where he won the Super Cup against Al-Hilal.
Gomes is being linked to his former post as Al-Taawon manager after managing them to a fourth place finish in the Saudi Professional League and a spot in the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history in 2014.
The Swiss manager, Christian Gross, was appointed as Ahli manager in 2014 and has been highly influential with the club after leading them to a domestic double last season with impressive performances that earned him massive praise.
The 62-year-old cited personal reasons as to why he wouldn’t renew his contract with Al Ahli. He advised the board to choose the Portuguese Gomes as a replacement due to his experience in the league.
Gross has formerly managed Tottenham Hotspur, Grasshoppers and FC Basel. He won the Swiss League six times, four of them with FC Basel. He also won the Saudi Professional League Coach of the Year in 2015.