Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
Gross reappointed as Al Ahli manager after the sacking of Gomes
Al Ahli have decided to sack José Gomes after just spending three months with the Jeddah-based club where he won the Super Cup against Al-Hilal.
Gomes is being linked to his former post as Al-Taawon manager after managing them to a fourth place finish in the Saudi Professional League and a spot in the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history in 2014.
The Swiss manager, Christian Gross, was appointed as Ahli manager in 2014 and has been highly influential with the club after leading them to a domestic double last season with impressive performances that earned him massive praise.
The 62-year-old cited personal reasons as to why he wouldn’t renew his contract with Al Ahli. He advised the board to choose the Portuguese Gomes as a replacement due to his experience in the league.
Gross has formerly managed Tottenham Hotspur, Grasshoppers and FC Basel. He won the Swiss League six times, four of them with FC Basel. He also won the Saudi Professional League Coach of the Year in 2015.