KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Gross reappointed as Al Ahli manager after the sacking of Gomes
Al Ahli have decided to sack José Gomes after just spending three months with the Jeddah-based club where he won the Super Cup against Al-Hilal.
Gomes is being linked to his former post as Al-Taawon manager after managing them to a fourth place finish in the Saudi Professional League and a spot in the AFC Champions League for the first time in the club’s history in 2014.
The Swiss manager, Christian Gross, was appointed as Ahli manager in 2014 and has been highly influential with the club after leading them to a domestic double last season with impressive performances that earned him massive praise.
The 62-year-old cited personal reasons as to why he wouldn’t renew his contract with Al Ahli. He advised the board to choose the Portuguese Gomes as a replacement due to his experience in the league.
Gross has formerly managed Tottenham Hotspur, Grasshoppers and FC Basel. He won the Swiss League six times, four of them with FC Basel. He also won the Saudi Professional League Coach of the Year in 2015.