Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Momo Sissoko joins FC Pune City as marquee player
Former Liverpool and Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko, has signed for FC Pune City as their marquee player for the third season of the Indian Super League.
Pune City signed Sissoko after Iceland legend Eidur Gudjohnsen, the team’s original marquee player, had to exit the tournament due to an ankle injury.
The 31-year-old is the youngest marquee player to join the Indian Super League, which kicked off on Saturday, and runs until December.
Sissoko was part of the Liverpool squad that won the Community Shield and FA Cup in 2006. He also won the UEFA Super Cups back-to-back 2004 and 2005, and the UEFA Champions League in 2005 in Liverpool’s memorable comeback against AC Milan.
The former Mali international revealed, “The moment FC Pune City expressed their interest and discussed their plans, I knew this was the challenge I would love to take up.”