An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Momo Sissoko joins FC Pune City as marquee player
Former Liverpool and Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko, has signed for FC Pune City as their marquee player for the third season of the Indian Super League.
Pune City signed Sissoko after Iceland legend Eidur Gudjohnsen, the team’s original marquee player, had to exit the tournament due to an ankle injury.
The 31-year-old is the youngest marquee player to join the Indian Super League, which kicked off on Saturday, and runs until December.
Sissoko was part of the Liverpool squad that won the Community Shield and FA Cup in 2006. He also won the UEFA Super Cups back-to-back 2004 and 2005, and the UEFA Champions League in 2005 in Liverpool’s memorable comeback against AC Milan.
The former Mali international revealed, “The moment FC Pune City expressed their interest and discussed their plans, I knew this was the challenge I would love to take up.”