Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Momo Sissoko joins FC Pune City as marquee player
Former Liverpool and Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko, has signed for FC Pune City as their marquee player for the third season of the Indian Super League.
Pune City signed Sissoko after Iceland legend Eidur Gudjohnsen, the team’s original marquee player, had to exit the tournament due to an ankle injury.
The 31-year-old is the youngest marquee player to join the Indian Super League, which kicked off on Saturday, and runs until December.
Sissoko was part of the Liverpool squad that won the Community Shield and FA Cup in 2006. He also won the UEFA Super Cups back-to-back 2004 and 2005, and the UEFA Champions League in 2005 in Liverpool’s memorable comeback against AC Milan.
The former Mali international revealed, “The moment FC Pune City expressed their interest and discussed their plans, I knew this was the challenge I would love to take up.”