A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Momo Sissoko joins FC Pune City as marquee player
Former Liverpool and Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko, has signed for FC Pune City as their marquee player for the third season of the Indian Super League.
Pune City signed Sissoko after Iceland legend Eidur Gudjohnsen, the team’s original marquee player, had to exit the tournament due to an ankle injury.
The 31-year-old is the youngest marquee player to join the Indian Super League, which kicked off on Saturday, and runs until December.
Sissoko was part of the Liverpool squad that won the Community Shield and FA Cup in 2006. He also won the UEFA Super Cups back-to-back 2004 and 2005, and the UEFA Champions League in 2005 in Liverpool’s memorable comeback against AC Milan.
The former Mali international revealed, “The moment FC Pune City expressed their interest and discussed their plans, I knew this was the challenge I would love to take up.”